i need your help, i want your encouragement/abuse etc!

so after Haldon i was thinking i'd ride Monday aswel, i sort of did, a friend phoned me and said did i want to go out on the motorbike as he'd rented a little 125cc suzuki so he could practise for his test in a weeks time so in total 3 of us did about 160 miles just tooling around hampshire!! i have to say my bum was killing by the end and my hands were shaking for 2 hours after aswel!! bloody single cylinders!! :x so i think i'll just call that bum training for long hours in the saddle!! :LOL:

but today i went out and did the 25mile training ride around the fores so that's another ride in the bag! :D

also i have entered the Erlestoke enduro on salisbury plain, the 6 hour version as opposed to the 12hour version, its about 3 weeks before mayhem but i was thinking just ride it at my own comfortable pace as opposed to trying to really race it but either way it's another thing to aim for :D

leading on from my last post, which was last tuesday, i didn't ride wednesday, meant to but it just didn't happen :oops: thursday i was dog sitting so i built the explosif! friday i rode 20miles on the explosif (on roads and dry tracks, i want to keep it nice so i can ruin it at mayhem!) saturday i failed again but sunday i did the Arundel ride, 20miles? and today i have done 28 miles on the road bike :D

Attachments

• view from lepe beach.jpg
    view from lepe beach.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,035
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,035
jonnyboy666":czagqhz0 said:
leading on from my last post, which was last tuesday, i didn't ride wednesday, meant to but it just didn't happen :oops: thursday i was dog sitting so i built the explosif! friday i rode 20miles on the explosif (on roads and dry tracks, i want to keep it nice so i can ruin it at mayhem!) saturday i failed again but sunday i did the Arundel ride, 20miles? and today i have done 28 miles on the road bike :D

That is a really smart bike! :cool:
What model are the "jaffa cake" Mavics, though? I seem to recall them doing both red and blue factory-built wheels down the years but not yellow/orange ones.

David

i love my D2, it doesn't get as much use as it deserves really. it's the second generation aluminium Dynamo hence the D2 sticker. it's a really nice riding and handling bike. i got lucky with the wheels, when i was still in the trade a customer came in with his saeco team cannondale and wanted it repainted by cannondale, he was obsessed with the stealth look so wanted everything black including new wheels so i offered him £100 for these wheels as i thought they'd be perfect for the D2.

they are mavic open pro rims on a tune magnesium rear hub and a coda front hub with DT double butted silver spokes (i hated the black spokes so re-laced them) they were a limited edition wheelset for cannondale, they used the same ano orange on the super v raven aswel i think.

i think they look spot on, the rest of the bike is mostly 9 speed record except for the brakes which are chorus i think, the fork, stem, bar, post are ITM millenium.

oh and just to annoy the dynamo lovers, i got given the frame (and fork) NOS for an xmas present by my old boss a few years ago so it's mint!

:D :D

jonnyboy666":19pj9mai said:
they are mavic open pro rims on a tune magnesium rear hub and a coda front hub with DT double butted silver spokes (i hated the black spokes so re-laced them) they were a limited edition wheelset for cannondale, they used the same ano orange on the super v raven aswel i think.

Cannondale - now I remember! That's where I've seen wheels like that before!
Must admit, the frameset had me fooled completely, thought it was a Ti job rather than aluminium.

David

so i didn't ride on tuesday but i have just got back from 3 days riding :D

day 1 was at Cannock Chase, the follow the dog/monkey trail, totally different ride on a modern bike! although it was very slippy :shock:

day 2 was at Coed Y Brenin, the MBR trail but with some added Adams Family trails! it was awesome! :D
basically as i got two thirds of the way round i realised i could climb from the river all the way to the top of the mountain (almost 30mins constant climbing in mid ring 1st) with the adams family trails which aren't a part of the MBR trail, i could then do all the awesome descents then carry on with the rest of the MBR trail, total ride time was about 3 hours 15mins, no stops other than to change outer clothing layers etc and the odd minute or so breather. for thise that haven't done this i would highly recommend riding here.

day 3 (today) was a shortened version of the mbr trail then the Adams trails again, i love those descents! i deliberately did the whole descent non stop as hard as i could (i thought i was filming it but i hit the wrong button and it didn't work :( ) it was brilliant, it's such a rocky descent and it was wet aswel but there is always good grip here, it was one of those descents when you know you got every gear change/pedal stroke/corner/berm etc as good as you can do it, total smile factor, caught and overtook 2 riders at speed, luckily they heard me coming and moved to the side of the track to let me through :cool:

having just spent 4 hours driving home i think tomorrow i will just chill out then ride again on sunday, i'm not flying speed wise but i think i am fit enough for the HONC on the 10th which is my main aim for the moment :D

here's a clip from youtube of the adams family trails, they don't look anywhere near as fast or steep (in places) on video though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egVyWs0Aa0I

Attachments

• ST4 on the MBR trail.jpg
    ST4 on the MBR trail.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,139
its sunny out go ride fat boy i wanna see you slim at mayhem and thats an order :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: tomorrow morning your to go for a jog in the morning for no less than 1hr followed by a 4 hr road ride at 16mph average got that now GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

having a rest today after the last 3 days but i'm going out tomorrow, but chances of me being slim at mayhem are infact . . . well . . . er . . . slim!

built three bikes today though, and cleaned the clockwork and ST4 from the welsh trip.

new bike pics coming later tonight or tomorrow morning, been a busy boy in the garage! :D :D

Latest posts

Back