Another zaskar build. 91 ? Stripped but not dead

If it's like my '91 it's a 26.8mm seat clamp - I went through the 27.2 to 27.0 to 26.8!

Nice looking bike by the way :D

Tazio":3uqel30n said:
I like the yellow headset! See if you can find a couple of other yellow bits and go for a silver, yellow and black build?

Possibly the only time I'd say yellow grips and saddle may look good!! ;-)

Thanks for all the kind comments guys :oops:

I managed to get a seat post in 27.0 today and it fits nicely.

I've stuck a seat on it just so I can have a wee roll about but I don't know if the seat has oddly angled rails or if it's the seat post but I can't get the saddle to tilt back far enough for my liking.
The seat does have yellow logos on it though so that ties in with a few of your suggestions.

Still need a front mech and a bolt on cable hanger for the forks.

100_0506.jpg

100_0505.jpg

That looks really good. I know the forks aren't standard but I think they look really good and the colour is right...

The forks do look the part Rob but I'm not feeling the love for them on this frame.
They are fat alloy and are pretty stiff. Perfect for the wee trials bike they came off but I would like a twangy steel fork on the front of the zaskar.

When I was in at the bike shop hunting for a seat post today they had some KF forks made of Tange steel but they were threaded. I've asked them to price a threadless version for me.

I got a front mech from the for sale section so all I need now is a bolt on cable hanger for the forks.

Once I've got everything I need I'll strip it all back down and try and get the hanger situation sorted. If that goes to plan I'll get it polished and source some decals for it.

Can't wait :D

This is my one (although it's a pantera) but these are the original forks, I assume that they are the same as the Zaskar...

gt_pantera_171.jpg

8690q":30z314qm said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Autosol-Solvol-Chrome-Polish-Aluminium-Metal-Polish-/300520084181?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f86492d5

Is this the right stuff ?

I crave the shine :LOL:

Yes!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back