'94 RM Altitude (moved)

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
MOVED on behalf of alan_db

Hi all,

Does anyone know which were standard forks fitted to a RM altitude in '94.

I have seen pics in the gallry section with a '93 fitted with RockShox Mag 21's.

When I bought bike it had RockShox Indys fitted as the bike shop Cranx had broken bike down and sold original forks. I've got red manitou Sx-Ti's fitted to it but am after opinions on what would be best / most original.

Also after a set of Syncros stem decals to fit to a stem I just recently purchased for the bike.

I'll try to get some pics of bike taken in next few days and posted for opinions on the Manitou's

Cheers

Alan...

Cheers for moving post..... :LOL:

Also just found the catalogue section of forum so looks like my bike is actually a '96 and came with judy XC's. Anyone confirm this to be case...?

Thanks

Alan...

If its a 96 it will be green and Judy gold-ish at back end of stays. Which funny enough matches a Judy fork very nicely, as thats what was fitted!

This is a great bike - have you any photos?

Yes it is exactly the same as your bike, so I assume it is '96.

I've always had the red SX-Ti's on the bike and it looks OK. Do like the look of the JUDY XC'x though as they match the frame better. Search will now begin for a pair......

To restore it to former glory it'll need:

Syncros seat post
Syncros decals for stem

Will get some pics taken as the bike stands and post them up later tonight or tomorrow,

Ta

Alan...

nice, you should find some Judys without too much bother, they come up quite often. Just make sure you ask about the bushings, there are loads of spares about, but if the bushings are shagged then its money time.

Enjoy the build, look forward to pics! :D

Hi all,

A give away on some frames in the rm stable is the sticker at the bottom of the seat tube above the bb!

Which can date them as my 96 altitude had a 96 sticker saying something like champions of 96 worlds or some such. :)

Cheers,Al

Why would I look at such an obvious sticker on the frame when I can confuse myself and ask questions on a internet forum.......doh!!!!!

Pretty sure its a '96 but I do recall it has a sticker saying something like 'xx years of Rocky Mountain' on the seat tube.
Photos to follow later tonight.

I've only had teh bike since new so haven't had much time to look over it in detail. :p

Cheers

Alan...

Sometimes its the simple things!

Bit like me :)

Respect,Al

Back