Dynatech MT4 titanium 'Rebuild'

hey !
thanks for the comments folks , glad you enjoyed the read its been a pleasure for me too , nice pants LOL retro golf baggis

a quick update ,
i had to spray over the decals because they would of been ruined if left bare so i masked them off and give em 6 coats of laquer
P1020203.jpg

ive been out on it since my last post too ,nothing too strenuous but did a bit of stunting locally , a couple of hundred bmx style hop backs on the back wheel just to test the integrity of the repair on the seat stay and it seems to be fine
tubes and lugs are still intact after a bit of single tracking :) , i will report back when iv taken it up rivington for a good going over

finished it with a non retro full xtr m970 groupset inc hubs , new retro style flite saddle , it weighs in at 20.8 lbs so i failed to make the sub 20 lbs mark i was aiming for but man this ride is super smooth and is like being on a race horse i am well pleased with it , heres a few dirty pics ,sorry i couldnt wait ;-)
P1020209.jpg

P1020210.jpg

P1020208.jpg

P1020206.jpg

cheers :D

That XTR doesn't look out of place at all on that. In fact all those greys look great. Great job and one of the best looking bikes on here. Easy matches some of the "exotica".

I feel the unfashionability of Raleigh will stop it getting the aclaim it should.

Two powder coats.

Looks like you're not the only one, maybe it's a Dyna Tech thing but just picked up my frame from PCer's and the somehow missed a 5 inch strip on the toptube when they blasted it. Moron's.

very well done! colourwise it is a great match, but the dimensions are great to.

thanks for all your kind comments ,

i thought i would just do a quick update on the powder coating subject ,
for anyone else wanting to go forth and stick it in the oven {ouch} , i can say hand on heart that the frame is in A1 condition physically if not cosmetically ,
ive ridden it hard over the last 2 months up hill ,down hill ,cross country , jumping and falling off , at first i was still a little cautious because of all the unwarranted fear mongering that was going in the forums concerning the dyna tech bonded frames but now i have the utmost confidence in the frame especially when blasting past riders on downhills with fully susd frames lol {oddly ,it seems i have gotten more intrepid as the years have passed} , im thinking i may race it in july at the lee quarry 3 day meeting in bacup .

any road happy baking
Lee

Back