Cannondale Headshock servicing !

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi Peeps,

Dont know if its retro enough for you but I just received a new cannondale (Well about 10 years old) with a headshock system, It feels a bit rough and think it needs a service , I remember reading somewhere that It could be done by the owners but unsure where I read it !, does anyone have any info on servicing this type of suspension fork..

Much appreciated

Si

Oh! By the way, is anyone interested in the following :

Coda cranks (not like Magic motorcycle ones!!)
Coda 700 Wheelset -- Mint condition
Coda 1000 seat
Sram 7.0 s brake levers..

Pm me or leave message on here if your interested or can help me on the service issues..

Many thanks

Si

I've got one on my cross bike that I'm scared of touching, but the nice folk at C'dale USA emailled me a pdf of how to strip one etc. I'll go and look for it.

PM me your email address.

Headshok !!

Thanks Dave H.

All I can say is OMG !!!

:? :roll: :? :roll: :?

WORMS and CAN seem to spring to mind...mmm might be alright for another year!! :)

yes I was going to have a go, but after reading some of that I thought best leave it while it's still working! I think you need special tools too. Russell was going to take one apart recently - I wonder how he got on?

Headshok !!

Russell Eh!! I would get in touch with him to see if he had done it, but he or rarther mrs russell is expecting the new world champion downhill/XC/Freeride (You saw it here first!!) baby today!! lol..

;) ;)

hey guys, wouldn't recommend it, it's a massive jigsaw puzzle and if you do get it appart without the recommended tools without breaking anything (you'll be lucky!) you might need to get new bits by which time you'll have forgotten the order in which they go back together! seen it happen!

i work at GA cycles in southampton and my boss gary does loads of them, they can be a pig, especially if they've never been touched since new! it's my day off tomorrow but phone gary, he'll sort you out, you could post it to us. gary takes ages doing them and if he aint happy it'll come appart again! takes him way longer than what he can charge for, bout 60 quid (2 hours) plus parts ,30ish if the slats/bearings etc are knackered and the cartridge can be included in that if it's basic but if it's an air unit a re-bleed and seals is 35 quid more. you can service the headshock separate to the cartridge and vice-versa, but if the headshock is basically ok he'll do a mini service for about 25 quid. he'll be picking up the phone all day tomorrow on 02380 636648.

hope that helps

day off tomorrow, don't care if its raining, still going out for a ride!!

Back