Glen Etive Road Run 30mile round trip

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone fancy this :D
Its a road ive been driven along about 20 times in the last couple of years and always think.'This would be a nice cycle' :D but theres never room in our car what with 2 dogs and all our camping gear. :cry:

I propose a jaunt from the main road[i think the theres lots of parking at the turnoff]right along till the Loch at the end.We then break for sandwiches ,coffee,soup flasks etc ,lots of nice pics in nice landscapes :cool:
Then a return trip back the way we have come.
I think it would run to between 5 or 6 hours total :? 2-2 1/2h each way plus however long the lunch break lasts.

Isn't this a jaunt of yours Mr P :?

Nice run - The Road of Niceness :cool: start and finish at Kingshouse if you want. Mostly down hill on way out, uphill (not steep) on way back :cool:

You'll get from Kingshouse to head of loch in 30mins or so if you don't stop for too many pics :p

DSCF2172.jpg

Alternatively try the WHW between Bridge of Orchy and Kingshouse hotels
:D Kinda bumpy in places but easily doeable as a return trip, approx 12 miles each way....

DSCF2138.jpg

When ya goin'?

clockworkgazz":1yu41a78 said:
I'm up for this who else fancies it? The beer is nice at the kingshouse :cool:

Me.But i need transport

Think i could do it without gears,or maybe best to fit them and give me a bit of speed in the down sections :?

Tazio":2jfgjbxm said:
When would you be thinking Andy?

Im actually available any time,though i'll point out that its quieter mid week.
So maybe a Wednesday or Thursday would probably be best.
I'll also point out that the postoffice van uses that road for land speed records ;)

Back