Helmets

Nick C":1mquwejb said:
I'm thinking of retiring my 10 year old helmet for one of these new fangled wrap around jobs. Does anybody own one of the following helmets and can they offer their thoughts on them?

1. Fox Flux
2. 661 Recon
3. Giro Hex

I have a Flux and love it.

I have one of these to cover my big but empty noggin

the_f14_helmet_black.jpg

works quite well, but not so sure how it would compare ventilation wise to the others.

I've recently got an Urge Endur-O-Matic. Super comfy helmet and gives a god feeling of security. It all depends on what style o riding you do at the end of the day. Mot as much ventilation as a road style hemet but more than you think looking at it as the holes are big and well placed. I seem to have an awkward shaped head and have always had problems finding a helmet that is comfortable but this one is very good straight out the box with some nice design ideas.

EBurge2.jpg

ive been trying to remember the 'THE' one for ages!
what is the model?
its trials based as i recall?

that urge looks pretty good too although it looks like it lack ventilation on the 'sweatband' of your head? as do many helmets

It's the F14, Josh

could well be trials based, lol, i wouldn't know. Wanted something to protect the back of my head, and liked the look of this one.

BobCatMax":2dr1whgm said:
It's the F14, Josh

could well be trials based, lol, i wouldn't know. Wanted something to protect the back of my head, and liked the look of this one.

cheers :cool:
gets good reviews too

BobCatMax":2k5aolwy said:
It's the F14, Josh

I looked at this helmet as well for the same reason.

I always felt that with the MET helmet I had before if I'd hit the deck sideways the extended back of the helmet (if that makes sense) could twist my head round and damage my neck. The ones that cup the back of your head seem a bit safer in terms of twisting your head when hitting the ground.

has anyone actually had an accident where a helmet would save you serious damage? all my head injuries have been facial/dental so never bothered with one. thinking of going full face tho, any recomentations? has to be light and well ventilated
(sorry for slight thread hijack)

Back