1994 Kona Explosif [converted]

Rameses! Collossus!

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks,

lacking of a proper introduction of myself and knowing that you guys seem to fancy an old Kona (well, not that old, I know) I just decided to post this very recent pic of my lovely lady. After two years of spending all I had and bugging people I got her almost where I wanted her.

Aah, and: Keep eyes from Miss Piggy there - they might burst after a while... ;)

142998159_bccf85d07a_o.jpg

Specs:
frame - Kona Explosif 1994 20" - bought 2 years ago and brazed on Paul's drop outs this year after crack :roll:
forks - Kona P2 - in between resides Mr. King
stem, seat post, bottle cage - Ringlé
cranks - Cook's E cranks with Kooka, Spot and Time Attack XS
brakes - Avid Arch Supreme custom red and black anodized - same goes for levers and bits; Nokon's
cog and spacers - Boone
wheels - 96 xtr with mavics 217 and 519
answer alumilite handle bar and flite - what else...

And this is how she looked when I first saw her. Way back.

127556428_09c964b105_o.jpg

This for now - Cheers, David

:LOL: Yeah. What's wrong with that pink wonder? :cool: Got some from her first weekend after resurrection. But lots of snow on'em. Really bothers my spring feeling. But there you go.

108163584_1ab10fa354_b.jpg

108172138_6df9eb4fc6.jpg
108169175_f86ce35bf8.jpg

I still have the drop outs not painted. Maybe I leave them just like that - waxed.

Maybe the Purly gets it's owbn thread around here one day...

Lovely Explosif, nice colour too but get those trackends painted! ;) I'm liking the "your bike sucks" sticker on the chainstay! :LOL:

Thanks for the consent. :LOL:

Thinking bout getting the drop outs painted, as I said. But I see no way of painting the whole frame - though it would be really necessary. Already talked to some painters, no perfect match of color possible. Not to speak of the decals...
Sorry, gump, but the red-green-thing's too fcuking awesome.
jaja.gif

The sticker's made by a guy called Horst Link - ever heard of Horst Rings?

Back