Which cable wire cutters?

Got some BBB ones for christmas, done nearly 2 bikes worth of cable inners & outers and still as good as the 1st cut :D I've had some truly appalling cutters in the past where there was a noticable decline in cut after only a few uses :x

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the replies. I've had a look around and may plumb for the icetoolz.

Whilst discussing cables can anyone recommend some white gear and brake outers. The lbs was expensive!

Regards, Mossy

I use the Park one's and think they are fantastic, no problems with them at all. However I have nothing other than a set of pliers to compare them against. ;)

I've used Knipex cable cutters for nearly a decade, still cut just as well as they did when I first got them

720130.jpg

Not cheap, but worth every penny as a cycle mechanic they get used lots of times every day

I've got a pair of Shimano ones, too - bought them in the early 90s, so I guess they're retro too...

i use knipex too

actually they are a pair of mac tools branded side cutters (automotive grade) made for mac by knipex

i have cut some serious crap with these inc bolts/wire/sheet tin & steel etc etc then dug them out the other day to cut my inner cable excess off and they left a very clean cut still

thats after approx 2 years in a main dealer car and truck workshop :shock:

I've got the park ones too and they work just fine. Cut through inners and outers with no effort.

Back