NYC Monster... and a bit of a story!

If you're gonna go retro with the fork you need a Marzocchi Monster T, a Mr Dirt Fat Fork or something from Hanebrink.....gotta be Profile cranks for a true Spooky build too :D

Stu

I love Spooky. The company had that 'east coast' attitude not unlike Fat Chance, Rhygin, Ted Wotjick, IndyFab, etc.

My [old] Metalhead. What a fun bike.

spooky.jpg

The word on the street is Spooky is being reborn. More info here.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t ... ght=Spooky

Talking of Brooklyn. i think my mate Mark is the only consumer to have snapped a TMX............TWICE :shock:

Attachments

• tmx-frame-1.jpg
    tmx-frame-1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,490
if your nly gonna wall art it pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pplllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee please please please let me build it up please its at the top of my always wanted no way could i ever afford to but list its probaly the only bie i would never have a fear of using to its full extent wow wow wow is all i can say :shock: :shock: :shock: proberly the first ever trully free ride bike of its decade :shock: :shock: :cool:

rc300":3og43u4t said:
Talking of Brooklyn. i think my mate Mark is the only consumer to have snapped a TMX............TWICE :shock:

:shock: how the? Dropping off the cliffs of Dover?

Somewhere I've got a spooky catalogue from the first year they were imported. Went over to the wight max and had a long chat with the importer. At the time we were looking for a long travel hard tail frame. The spooky ones were designed for up to 4" at that time and he was astonished when we said it wasn't enough, we were running 6" at the time! :LOL:

They were very nice frames and some of the features were similar to the scott lsd world cup that had been out for a year or two at that time. Build up cost isn't that horrendous so long as you are not too picky about exact year or specific make. My last 2 sets of hanebrinks were about £125 and there is a set of 6" travel risse trixxy's on ebay at the moment at £50 + P&P. Brakes can be just about any form of disc brake. Cranks and B/B IIRC are BMX so cheap and easy to get. Wheels are fairly straight forward, set of hope big-uns or some ringles or .........! Good luck building it and look forwarding to seeing all ready to run. :D

That's a '98
I think about 8 of them were made

Did you get it from a guy called Rob by any chance?

Signed,
The dude that restarted Spooky

Bear-Chan that is one Beefy Mofo.. Early FS Bikes are the Clunkers of the DH Era, love the over design and not-made-for-looks engineering :cool:

You decided what you're gunna do with it?

Hmm.. Time to Spooky search Ebay :twisted:

Back