The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diamond Back Axis Team

Hi - Was wondering what these are worth now, had it from new and all original apart from the saddle (think its in the garage somewhere). In pretty good condition. All XT throughout. Bought from Smith & Parker Cycles in Leicester around 1991. Found the registration card the other year and put it somewhere safe!!

Attachments

• Team axis.jpg
    Team axis.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,563
Hi, re the Axis Team I believe that's the top-of-the-range steel DB from'91.

DiamondBacks aren't that well sought after in comparison with others.That said it's a nice bike and I'd part with around £80-100 personally.

Proflex 957 carbon cross link front forks

So I got this yesterday and no sizes were shown so took a punt only to find that although it looked large-ish..was a bit too small with me being a clydesdale an all..the frame size shows small but it's more like a medium..with floor to top of frame seat tube at 32 inches

the bike runs and operates all okay..the rear wheel needs a slight true, it has old pedals on that might need replacing..o and the seat has some side tears as you would from years of wall leaning..but it has just had a quick clean :LOL:

it does have the scratches you would expect from a bike made in 1997 but it has no dents dings or cracks what so ever.. and sorry..the bamboo stick holding it up is not included in any sale :LOL:

now I'm not sure and I'll doubt If I'll ever find out wether this was a bike that has had bits taken off or a frame fork build. the shifters, wheels, and rear mech are not bikepedia correct..that said if it went on ebay as a working bike that wouldn't bother most but on retro it might

the normal worry points..the shocks and pivots are all tight, no sideways movement and springs are as they should with no pogoing and this one has the cross link front forks

so not knowing what the price maybe for a complete bike sell could anyone give me suggestions please? Thanks

DSCF0850.jpg

DSCF0851.jpg

DSCF0852.jpg

DSCF0853.jpg

DSCF0854.jpg

Sylus, how much did you get it for? That would seem a good indicator on price :LOL: (unless it was a freebie!)

The diamond back may not be highly sought after but all original and complete XT groupset, i'd say it would be worth nearere £130 then the 80-100 personally.

coomber":tnoepmet said:
Sylus, how much did you get it for? That would seem a good indicator on price :LOL: (unless it was a freebie!)

I got a good deal on it..but it isn't for me so it's going onwards

blimey I didn't know it was a "how much did i BUY xyz for :LOL:

I had sought to get a price inhouse so to speak as I've recieved quite a few enquiries on it and would prefer it stayed in house but

If I can't seem to find one then I'll pop it on ebay and various other places and see what the market decides is the price

Specialized S-Works M2xx 1998: What's it worth?

Hi,

I searched the forums but only found frames for sale.

Wanted to know what a 1998 19" Red Specialized S-Works M2xx is worth?

It has all original parts and ~ 200 miles of use. Here's a photo:

P1040777.jpg

P1040775.jpg
[/img]

P1040779.jpg

sylus":3m7grdc1 said:
coomber":3m7grdc1 said:

I got a good deal on it..but it isn't for me so it's going onwards

blimey I didn't know it was a "how much did i BUY xyz for :LOL:

I had sought to get a price inhouse so to speak as I've recieved quite a few enquiries on it and would prefer it stayed in house but

If I can't seem to find one then I'll pop it on ebay and various other places and see what the market decides is the price

I wasnt being faceious (cant spell) just saying if you know you had bought it for a good price then you should know what you would sell it for? I'd imagine £200-250 if I were to take a punt.

Re: Specialized S-Works M2xx 1998: What's it worth?

bcsworks":1o2xmtwl said:
Hi,

I searched the forums but only found frames for sale.

Wanted to know what a 1998 19" Red Specialized S-Works M2xx is worth?

It has all original parts and ~ 200 miles of use. Here's a photo:

P1040777.jpg

P1040775.jpg
[/img]

P1040779.jpg

Is it all XTR? The frame in mint condition alone would be 120-150 so all in you have to be looking at about £400 I'd say.

Hiya coombs

My fault I didn't write it well, I do value your input. I also asked the chaps over at k2 riders who gave the condition a thumbs up so waiting for a few more opinions also to get an average

But thank you chap.. Opinions always welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back