And today I did......

RobMac":4ri8vibp said:
My VW Bettle gear box just turned up (for the trike) :cool:

Im looking forward to seeing this trike Rob.I stayed in south of England[Folkstone,Dover etc] and there is a big bike and trike following down there :cool: .Some incredible builds :cool:

It wont be till next year anyway but heres how it may look.
robbantr.jpg

RobMac":1kyysb1v said:
It wont be till next year anyway but heres how it may look.
robbantr.jpg

:cool: If i was building a Trike thats pretty much how i'd want it.

Got these Indy C's from the bay last week, not bad for £32.

indyc.jpg

Were intended for the Zaskar to replace the duff Bomber Z3's i have on it, trouble is they are really nice, unfitted/used, N.O.S, original long uncut steerer etc.

Zaskar has a shortish headtube, also has a Syncros stem with the daft sloped top so the steerer will need to be pretty much butchered for them to fit, if i fit them to the Clunker more of the steerer can be saved, but they would look nice on the Zaskar as the blue/white will match the decals :roll:

Today I took the 3 amigo's up to kelvingrove park to play in the new astro turfed pitch. The boys loved it but on the way there I passed 4 middle aged guys dressed up as much younger bmx dudes. They were all appraising 4 team burner bikes- perfectly restored bikes glinting in the early afternoon sunshine. I looked on with the realization that if these sad pathetic old codgers looked bad to me how must I look at the tress on my old steel ride? I thought I was looked apon with a degree of respect given I was there when it all kicked off. However looking at these bmx big kids made me feel very sad myself- think I might just take up night riding for my retro excursions :LOL:

well today i dropped off my san andreas into eastdide bikes for the bb threads to be repaired :D :D :D :D :D

went right upto the top of arthurs seat :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

then onto the bike station and who do i bump into ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

clockworkgazz":1uqr7n27 said:
Today I took the 3 amigo's up to kelvingrove park to play in the new astro turfed pitch. The boys loved it but on the way there I passed 4 middle aged guys dressed up as much younger bmx dudes. They were all appraising 4 team burner bikes- perfectly restored bikes glinting in the early afternoon sunshine. I looked on with the realization that if these sad pathetic old codgers looked bad to me how must I look at the tress on my old steel ride? I thought I was looked apon with a degree of respect given I was there when it all kicked off. However looking at these bmx big kids made me feel very sad myself- think I might just take up night riding for my retro excursions :LOL:

Na, i ride my Retro with pride :LOL: , BMX's are different though, regarded as "Kids" bikes by average people.

I admire vintage BMX's but would'nt be seen dead riding round the streets on one, local neds would take the piss and i'd need to batter them :LOL:

Really admire 70's Raliegh Choppers but would definetely look sad/ridiculous/wierd riding one :roll:

a bloke at my work and his brother and mates have all built burners ,seems a bit of a cult thing at the moment

Nothing to do with RetroBikes but I, well me, my wife and one of our girls collected an open canoe that we won on eBay. Bit of a trek up to Nairn and back to get it. At 17' 3" it looked a bit big sitting on top of my wife's Panda, one of the new ones, but we had no problem on way home.

On the way back we popped onto Aviemore to have a look in Highland Canoes as we need paddles, jeez the good ones are dear, didn't get any but there is a bike shop as part of Highland Canoes. They are having a winter clearance as I'm sure the guy said they are going to stop doing bikes. Was dragged away before I could have a decent rummage.

Site here, http://www.fattreadbikes.co.uk/ if any of you guys are up that way, might find a bargain. All shiny new stuff. :)

Back