1994 KHS Montana Team. The beginnings

Good thread!
cheers, Dave :D

I have the KHS ad from a November 1994 MBA mag, with this bike in the ti color. Mark Howe was the sponsored pro rider featured in the ad campaign. i'll scan it and post it here tonight or tomorrow. (Which might mean next week)

luv the team.....frame

I hve a later v-brake frame, same steel true temper ox ultra 2 DB heat treated steel....a g8 ride a good as my sunn 998 flex. :)
Hve upgrade it to hope disc x2 race brakes/hubs & m970 xtr......an even better bike...for an aging body... :LOL:

my only regret selling my khs flite 853 road bike........but a mate brought it so I might get it back one day :?:

Conrad

Here we go; this is the 1994 KHS Team ad I mentioned earlier; I scanned it from a November 94 MBA:

Scan.jpg

right, fell out of love with this bike for a while but motivated myself to get it rideable a few evenings back and here is the result..

qqsp5t.jpg

2i12ihf.jpg

2954jtd.jpg

ehfck7.jpg

it is another shed floor build. frame fork headset and wheels as supplied (masg 21 sl ti, m900 xtr rear hub, sun/ringle front curve levers, lx brakes, syntace bar (modern i know but with a 9 degree sweep, very comfortable) dx spd's, xt cranks, cheap post and a peroid flite

Absolutely Right ben. The plan is to ride it and get it back to spec gradually. When i've got everything i need i'll tear it all down and create a catalogue spec minter. Hopefully!

lewis1641":3ztjj29x said:
right, fell out of love with this bike for a while but motivated myself to get it rideable a few evenings back and here is the result..

it is another shed floor build. frame fork headset and wheels as supplied (masg 21 sl ti, m900 xtr rear hub, sun/ringle front curve levers, lx brakes, syntace bar (modern i know but with a 9 degree sweep, very comfortable) dx spd's, xt cranks, cheap post and a peroid flite

The crankset/stem/brakes/etc were also supplied ;)
Kinda miss this bike, as it was an excellent beater, enough performance to make errands and commuting, with the occasional trail detour, fun, but still able to lock it up on the street without fear of it being stolen.

Glad to see you are rebuilding your love for it :D

Back