Retro cars?

Ive got an '88 Mercedes 560SEC

and an '89 BMW 320i Touring

Basically im stuck in a late '80s early '90s timewarp.......Ive even still got one of these!

8000grey3.jpg

al":2o5xfvfq said:
Nice Notch!

I need a new offside door for my 64 on page 1!

Your Notch a project or do you just store it like that? :D

Respect,Al

Cheers Al :)

I bought the notch as you see it in the pic about 5-6 years ago and its basically still the same.
5 years ago (tomorrow) some tart pulled out on me when I was in the beetle

forshDAM1.jpg

and thus started the beetle resto and put the notch on a back burner and the beetle is now nearly finished so check back in another 5 years to find out how the notch went on :LOL:

Hi, We are in the same boat as you were with our bug.Some numpty drove into the back a while ago.

Still havent worked out if we move it on or rebuild.

I trust you will go down the restocal route with the notch?

Cheers,Al

al":19g5tk12 said:
Hi, We are in the same boat as you were with our bug.Some numpty drove into the back a while ago.

not a vintage beetle but a new one,

some numpty in a white van with a towbar reversed into ours and is now trying to claim off our insurance :evil: bloody TWAT
annoyed.png

some people :!:

Attachments

• DSC00096.JPG
    DSC00096.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 1,708
Thought I would show you all my other project...

... 1980 mk1 Golf GTI with 142BHP and the most desirable rims you could ever wish for.
The photo is over 6 months old now and the car is a little further on, and I'm getting quite excited.

Lots of work, and more money than I've got sense!

Bens043.jpg

Incredibly rare BBS E30 (E32 code) split rims with Magnesium centres in 14 x 8 and 14 x 7.

009.jpg

In all I think I've owned about 22 mk1 golfs and a string of other VW's including 2 Karmann Ghias, various Beetles, mk1 Polo, mk1 Sciroccos and more recently mk2 Golf GTI's.

I've got a Austin A40 mk2 1961, sitting in a friends garage awaiting lots of TLC, If only it was made of titanium I would have much less work to do.

You lucky boy!

Where did you find those rims? Cool as ya like!!

Respect,Al

I nearly had to buy the car whilst I was in Europe (Holland or Belgium, I can't remember), but he wouldn't part with them, and then by luck they appeared for sale in Holland with a large price tag. I'd already built myself a set of BBS RS's with a stainless 1.5'' dish and tried to console/fool myself.

042.jpg

I first fell in love with them at GTI Treffen in Austria about 4 years ago.
I have since sold the RS's and bought another pair of E32 centres as spares, as Magnesium has a habit of fracturing!
The car will be practically concours condition, aside from the FK coilovers (might change back to H&R) set to their lowest and the crazy BBS E30's.
Every part has been taken apart, assessed and restored.
Even the wing mirrors took a day!

The car below, was my inspiration.
A few things have changed since the nineties though!

0124.jpg

0103.jpg

I wouldnt be so vulgar as to ask the price!

It may make my eyes water.

Just shocked myself by replacing the stock rims on my 80 coupe with fox 17s.

Will you be at Stanford Hall 08 with it? I should be there with the notch if i have had a new engine built by then.

Cheers,Al

Back