More Lobster my Good Man...

claret73

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
First off, not deafing you South Midlanders out, or trying to prop up The Legion with Ride Posts...but with a dodgy knee, not knowing if was going to hold out I need to ride solo for a bit, to aviod ruing anybodys plans of a Grand day out.

So once again with no work, took the Lobby up to Cannock. FTD & Monkey Trail. Last time out here I was on an Orange 5 in the wet, so with hardpack trails & 50mm of travel in the Judys, it was a different encounter. It's so eroded now in the singletrack. It's like a washboard effect & doesn't let you flow nicely when you're hanging on to the Cantis...

A new Black section added since my last visit & they've closed off the Red route at one point & are building what looks to be a Canadian style plank berm at a fairly high level.

The sun was shining, the knee held out & I actually caught 2 people on a set of switchbacks...so not a bad day out in all. Some Pics attached...

Attachments

• SSA40862.jpg
    SSA40862.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 622
  • SSA40865.jpg
    SSA40865.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 622
  • SSA40866.jpg
    SSA40866.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 622
  • SSA40868.jpg
    SSA40868.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 622
Hi bud, with your Avatar name I presume youre a fellow Villian?
Haven't been upto Cannock yet, but will do soon enough. I'm getting back into Mtb after a 15 yr gap but am amazed how quick you get back into the swing of things.

Luckily I get back from work early and have a m8 who is always up for a quick blast.

Hope your knee holds up and look forward to more pics/write ups on our local trails.

Cheers

Matt

Matt
I'm going to be down South over next couple of weeks, but if I come back I'll buzz you for a ride out. Same here, was out of it for 12yrs thereabouts...all that misspent Youth, wasn't quite wasted!...
Cannock's a good blast Mate! You'll Love it up there. Nothing Major Hilly, so you don't need bags of fitness. I read it gets busy weekends though.
Enjoy whatever you end up doing, just great to be back hey?...

Latest posts

Back