New RC200F6

yamaha_rd500v4

Dirt Disciple
Probably aren`t many in this condition around anymore! My dad bought this F6 brand new ten years ago to replace his Orange Prestige, he never got round to doing anything to it, and still uses the prestige. I removed it from it`s original wrapping last week!

I persuaded him to let me have it recently, I was intending to build it up with RC31C`s, Full XTR etc, modern but with a retro flavour; however the more I look at it the more I think perhaps I should just hang it on the wall! I`d be gutted the first time the chain marked the frame.

What are the bolts for above the bottom bracket and above the rear dropouts? my own F2 never them.

Attachments

• rc200f6.JPG
    rc200f6.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 822
:) That is awesome, time has stood still for ten years!!

Not sure on the bolt on the bottom of the seat tube, but I'm pretty sure the ones on the Seat stays are for one of 'MrCrud' rear mudguard of the time to mount.

Just like to point out the dirty floor and wall isn`t my kitchen its my workshop!

I thought the rear bolts were for a rack but then again not on a pace surely?!?

Attachments

• rc200f62.JPG
    rc200f62.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 813
Jammy bugger, I'd kill for a new one!

The behind the chain ring bolt is for a chain keeper I belive.

RC200F6 is the one I have, look after it, it deserves it!

That's very nice! I picked up an F5 this year - not in this kind of condition, but not bad - and built it up with RC30s and it's looking lovely.

To ride, or not to ride? The choice is yours .... would look fab with some RC31s on it though :)

The mount above the bb is for a E-Type mech support

Front Mechanism
The RC-200 requires a yadda yaddda yadda..The F6 also is equiped with a mounting point for a 'E-Type' front mech.

happend upon my owners manual for all the bits I had BITD

:D :D

PS Just found a Yellow Turbo saddle for the RC-100 :D

Back