1st edition mags

stew-b

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
from 1988,are these worth owt?
mags.jpg

One was on ebay a while back. I forget how much (if at all) it sold for.

thats pretty weird how time plays tricks on you.. I was riding 3years before MBUK even existed! hahaha

scant":1jzkn6iy said:
thats pretty weird how time plays tricks on you.. I was riding 3years before MBUK even existed! hahaha

Is that all? I learnt to ride a bike at least 10 years before :LOL:

Hi,here`s one to ponder on..

Has MBUK got younger as its got older ?

I mean, in 1993 when I first got hooked,MBUK was aimed at all age groups.
But with the evolution of the sport (dirt jumping,4X,Free riding ect) MBUK appears to be aimed at the younger rider, say 12 to 20.

Am I just being a 42 year old moaning b______d scared to get my tyres of the ground.

John":2bjpxmcc said:
scant":2bjpxmcc said:

Is that all? I learnt to ride a bike at least 10 years before :LOL:

always so literal humour jon... <yawn> ;)

jez-2-many-bikes":14xp1l05 said:
God MBUK is sh*t now.

My opinion of course.

I doubt if you're alone.. I see it in the stands here and do a Karen Carpenter.. It always looks too "rad" and "extreme" if ya catch my drift.. I've got a copy of Vol 1 Issue 1 wrapped in celophane and enveloped just to stop it fading :shock: Just realised how geeky that is!

Some funny reviews at http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Magazine/pr ... 302.shtml.. I like this one: "Strengths: You can scrape the mud off your bike with it."

MTB Pro was the best UK mag in it's day.. Got all the issues somewhere.. Issue 1 had JT on the cover in that black skin suit I remember.. Doing the Kamikaze?

We get [R]evolution mag over here which the best Aussie mag by far [of maybe three].. Hijacked the thread a bit sorry.. Just forgot to stop thinking and typing :eek:

Back