INJURIES!

I was going to post pictures of my 'Track Burns' but they pale into insignificance!

Ive managed to...

Smash my front teeth out

Need 5 stitches to my forhead

Have my right little finger sewn back on

Smash my left kneecap and need reconstructive surgery

Break both my ankles at the same time

All for the love of riding bikes!

:D

Injuries

While in Moab, Utah, I dropped into the Slickrock trail-the fork failed and I did a faceplant at 30 mph, breaking teeth and paralysing myself. Spent 18 days in hospital, was able to move my limbs after 8-9 days and took 2 years to recover.

I broke my collarbone coming off at 31mph (I know the speed because we'd just started the ride and the speedo showed a max speed of 31mph)... got a nice lump in it now. Remarkably nothing else since then.

Earlier I posted a topic regarding rigid v full suss and how I'm happy to pile down Red Routes on my trusty rigid steed.

Two years ago said Red Route and then trusty Rigid Steed became involved in an altercation where by rider (that is me) thumped heavily into downslope of the table top that had just launched me skyward. Collar bone bust in 3 places, twisted back and several blackouts later I find myself heading for casualty in Edinburgh in the back of an Ambulance.

Makes comments on how full suss bikes make riding easier than it should be seem somewhat silly.

Rigid bikes still rule though !!!!!!!!!!

I got a gorgous compound fracture on my right wrist when I was younger, bone sticking out and everything :D

Last year in LaRoche on my Principia with leaking Sid98 (I'm 85 kg so you can imagine how the suspension worked......NOT. Running down a steep singletrack, running out a frined with a Nicolai trombone fully, at the end a 90 degree curve, a riverbed, big stones, no control and......

Shoulder hurt, hip blue and worst of all how you call those straps/thing holding your ankle together torn of..... Two weeks rest, 2 months no cycling... Stupid me :)

Good luck you all!!

Back