Gary Fisher Super Cal 29er 2002

• Thread starter Deleted member 4805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4805

Absolutley stunning condition classic Medium Gary Fisher Super Cal 29er, this bike has been barely used as can be seen from the photo's, the bike is all original except the tyres and grips which were upgraded to more modern ones. Retailed for just under $2800 in 2002

Asking £495

This is one of the first 29er bikes and is equipped with top line components throughout.

It has Marzocchi Marathon 29er forks which except for one chip pictured are like new and in perfect working condition, they have a lock down / lockout feature which when you flick the lever and compress the forks they move downwards and lockout for climbing they also have another setting which increases the compression damping for sprinting.

All other parts are a mix of Shimano XTR / XT and Bontrager Racelite components, also has Avid TI brakes, and ceramic coated rims, you can see how little use the bike has had from the pictures of the rear cassette which is the original.

There are a couple of very very small marks on the paintwork and a tiny scuff to the seat but otherwise is immaculate, no cable rubs, dents or any other damage, I would be amazed if you ever find another in this condition, it was a very rare bike in the first place and a true classic, 29er bikes are now becoming very popular and this was the first of the breed.

I have more pictures so please send you e-mail if you want more

Please note in the pictures the bars and stem are Salsa but I will be putting the original Bontrager ones back on which are a race lite stem and flat bars. Also the pedals will be taken off the bike before sale as these are modern Shimano ones so you will need to use your own.

MSRP (new) $2,749.99
Weight Unspecified
Sizes Large, medium, small, xlarge
Colors Red/Blue
Item ID 37443

Frame & Fork
Frame Construction TIG-welded
Frame Tubing Material Aluminum, butted
Fork Brand & Model Marzocchi Marathon 29", 3.15" travel
Fork Material Aluminum, single triple-clamp crown
Rear Shock Not applicable

Components
Component Group Mountain Mix
Brakeset Avid Single Digit Ti brakes, Shimano Deore XT RapidFire SL levers
Shift Levers Shimano Deore XT RapidFire SL
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore XT, clamp-on
Rear Derailleur Shimano XTR SGS
Crankset Bontrager Race, 22/32/44 teeth

Bottom Bracket Bontrager Race Isis
BB Shell Width 68mm English
Rear Cogs 9-speed, 11 - 34 teeth
Chain Shimano CN-HG92, 1/2 x 3/32"
Seatpost Bontrager Race
Saddle Selle San Marco Era, ti rails
Handlebar Bontrager Race Lite
Handlebar Extensions Not included
Handlebar Stem Bontrager Race Lite
Headset 1 1/8" threadless Cane Creek S-6

Wheels
Hubs Bontrager Race Lite
Rims Bontrager Race Lite, 24-hole
Tyres Bontrager
Jones 29er
Spoke Brand Stainless steel
Spoke Nipples Aluminum nipples

P1010001-Copy-Copy.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010024-2.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010016-2.jpg

P1010009-Copy.jpg

P1010015-2.jpg

And I've just spent 2 evenings sanding and polishing the exact same seat post to a high buff!

Nice bike, might need to clarify the size though... ;)

Sizes Large, medium, small, xlarge

I also think I have replacement rings for those cranks, just in case the buyer needs them. :cool:

GF

Thanks, as fare as I'm aware these were the very first 29er forks Marzocchi made.

They have three modes which is open, increased compression position which is for sprinting according to the manual and the third position which when you push down on them they stay compressed and locked out until you release the lever which pops them back up.

Shame about the one chip but should make an effort to sort out some touch up paint.

Shame I have no offers on the bike !!

if it were steel if be making an offer for sure.

someone should be looking for such a great bike, good luck

Back