INJURIES!

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
On Saturday, whilst squelching round most of Wales on the Retro Ale Wobble, Ed (orange71) and I were talking about our bike related injuries.

I only have one serious incident to write home about, which is managing to break my collar bone and shoulder in one go.

Whilst jumping the doubles at my old local BMX track, I managed to clear the gap and the landing slope. Great I thought.... fairly :cool: as I flew through the air.....and then it went wrong!

I landed on my front wheel which folded it in half, throwing me over the bar onto my head, my head smashed onto the ground splitting my helmet in half and I also managed to bend my sus forks under my down tube!!

A quick stay in hospital and a month off the bike :cry:

So, hit us with them guys, give us your worst! :LOL:

Went in to the back of a car. busy looking at my bike speedo. Landed on the roof and cut the nape of my chest area open. But was near a doc's so walked over the road too them.
F**king about doing jumps at a local bomb hole and landed on my head. Don't remember a thing but i'm told i did ride home. F**k knows how.
Thats the worst two. other than the usual over the handle bars a few times.
Oh and went round a corner too fast in the wet and landed on my chin.

collerbone. 7years ago, still pokes out due to not having sugery, about a inch! great party trick.

skinned both forearms on bmx track, both layers gone right down, completly red raw flesh. think i cried!

tons of purple bruises. best one was falling in the shower though! my ass was black!

did ones days riding at this years megavalanche, due to huge deck that knocked me out for 3hours or so, woke up with fat hand. (still got fat fingers..)

theres loads more but the one i wont ever forget;

8years ago, out doing some DH with mates. did jump. landed hard on face & elbow. face skinned lightly, but deep hole in elbow (no pads) led to 9days in hospital with septacimia with very nearly killed me! my mum didnt like that one.

Grazes too numerous to mention, ditto for bramble lashings on my calfs.

7 stitches in my chin after going over the bars on the road, washed out on loose chippings was pretty bad though. :(

Stick Legs":25b0d2z0 said:
7 stitches in my chin after going over the bars on the road, washed out on loose chippings was pretty bad though. :(

Cant beat a good face plant ;)

Broke vertibrae and got airlifted off the Downs. Quite a scary experience. Especially when the paramedics asked if i could "feel that" when they tapped my legs, and i asked, "feel what?" and then realised the potential situation that was unfolding.

Never ever felt pan like it before or since and hope i never do again.

And all for a wheelie during a normal weekly ride.

Sweet thread.

Broken my back twice.

Hit a dog @35 in a road race = collarbone. Separated shoulder.

16 stiches in my eye @ BMX track (opening day, first rider around the track).

The super crash of the year - broke knee / split femur in half crashing in December, 2005. Froze for five hours on the side of the trail while search and rescue came to find me. Two 3-inch screws and half a kneecap later...

knee.jpg

Random bear attack:

shredded_legs.jpg

((gulp))

After reviewing all injuries so far on this thread I'm beginning to wish I hadn't started it........

((gone out for fresh air))

Back