What NOT to do the night before a ride........

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Some easy starters in no particular order (note all are much better if you can perform in the dark using only a headtorch, or better yet, one of the free mini torches that fit on your keyring. Do I have to say don't test ride? Thought not) -

1) Don't fit a different cassette
2) Don't decide to 'just toe in the cantis to stop squealing' particularly if they work just fine as they are
3) Don't fit new v brake pads either
4) Don't fit a new stem and not do up the pinch bolts
5) Decide to do away with the spacers above the stem and cut the steerer to correct length. Using a blunt junior hacksaw.
6) Fit tubeless tyres for the first time

More?

on th contrary - unless you drink lots how else are you to be an alcohol fuelled speed daemon?!

Pack every thing else you need into the car, and forget your shoes, therby having to go and get them, arriving last at your own local meet. :oops:

Still am embarrased that I did that.

Properly agree on the v-brake one!

Especially when the ride involves very muddy technical downhill bits.

From experience, my 'what not to do's' are as follows:

1) Expect to be able to brake whilst riding at a very wet and muddy Retro Ale Wobble!

2) Expect not to feel like a right prat when having an 'SPD moment' in front of a load of people!

3) And BITD, expect to ride a 10 mile TT with no shoes :oops:

4) Oh, and getting up at 3.45am, driving for 200 miles and expecting to feel fresh and ready for the ride ahead.

Yea, right! :D

57) Strain groin savagely whilst engaging in over-enthusiastic conjugal activities. (I had this mate once, and he told me..... mmm)

Back