show us your cross bikes

elPedro666":2xcq8rwl said:
David B

Great raceface! :LOL:

So much loveliness, making me miss my old Alan :cry: I'll scan in a pic tomorrow if I can...

Cheers! My race results are usually at the lower end of so-so but I can at least be relied upon to give a decent scowl for the camera. ;)

Actually, my face at my last 'cross race was decidedly :( after rapidly realising that racing in ice and snow ain't my cup of tea. Did one lap and then made for HQ to hand the race number back in!

Hope to post some pics of my revitalised cross bike on here once complete - similar spec to before apart from Sachs derailleurs, lighter ATAC pedals, new rear rim, Royce BB and same San Marco saddle but Union Jack design [1]. Also going for Nokian Ravagozzi tyres - v good but rare as anything on the UK market; fortunately eBay delivered on that front. Main difference will be a shiny new paint job from the same firm that did the road bike, and new decals too.

David

[1] Strangely reminiscent of Tim Brooke-Taylor's pants in The Goodies. Or maybe not.

Hello, lots of nice cross bikes, love the Bontragers and the Ibis. Thought I would share my Ibis I just finished. Not sure of the year but got the frame and fork this past summer and finally got it built up a few weeks ago. Not going to be used for its intended purpose, instead built as a road/commuter/canal/etc bike.
CIMG0663.jpg

CIMG0666.jpg
CIMG0668.jpg

1997 Ibis Hakkalugi

Here's my 1997 Ibis Hakkalugi. I built it up as a go-anywhere, do-anything adventure bike. Accordingly, it's got an eclectic mix of road and mountain parts. (For example, I chose an extra-stout 36-hole rear wheel that can accommodate heavier touring loads).

Aside from the bike's all-around versatility (and sparkly Gang Green color), my favorite thing about it is the buttery steel ride!

The build:

54 cm frame with full touring braze-ons (and the infamous Hand Job!)
Shimano Ultegra bar-end shfiters
Shimano Ultegra 600 brake levers
TTT Forma SL handlebars
Shimano XT headset
Salsa stem, 120mm
Shimano M951 XTR cranks & BB, 5-arm, 48-36-26, 8-speed
Shimano M739 XT rear derailleur, with Avid Rollamajig
Shimano M7900 XTR front derailleur
Shimano M739 XT cassette, 11-30, 8-speed
Shimano IG90 chain, 8-speed
Shimano Ultegra 600 front hub, 32 hole
Shimano M737 XT rear hub, 36 hole (135 mm spacing)
Shimano XT cantilever brakes
Syncros Seatpost
WTB SST saddle
Mavic Reflex Rims
Continental CountyGrip Tires
Cinelli cork tape

cimg3506enh.jpg

cimg3522enh.jpg

cimg3533enh.jpg

cimg3510enh.jpg

cimg3545enh.jpg

cimg3517l.jpg

cimg3516enh.jpg

cimg3540.jpg

cimg3544enh.jpg

cimg3528.jpg

cimg3514enh.jpg

cimg3512enh.jpg

cimg3549enh.jpg

cimg3551enh.jpg

cimg3552.jpg

quasimoto73":1ktjkfwr said:
Hello, lots of nice cross bikes, love the Bontragers and the Ibis. Thought I would share my Ibis I just finished. Not sure of the year but got the frame and fork this past summer and finally got it built up a few weeks ago. Not going to be used for its intended purpose, instead built as a road/commuter/canal/etc bike.
CIMG0663.jpg

CIMG0666.jpg
CIMG0668.jpg

Nice bike. Just a quick question, call me stupid but are your handlebars upside down? :?

Love the braking finger!! and the hand guide. :D

Also is that a cup and saucer on the handlebars? :LOL:

novo":3vxlhv6w said:
quasimoto73":3vxlhv6w said:
CIMG0663.jpg

CIMG0666.jpg
CIMG0668.jpg

Nice bike. Just a quick question, call me stupid but are your handlebars upside down? :?

Love the braking finger!! and the hand guide. :D

Also is that a cup and saucer on the handlebars? :LOL:

I didn't spot the cup the first time around but you're right - I'm guessing it's a novelty bell (the cup is the bell itself and the handle the ringer??). If so, I wouldn't mind one myself!

Cool front fork and SRP Mr. Grumpy CX brakes as well. Nom nom nom.

David

Yes the Mary bars are upside down, they are in the process of getting change out for some dirt drops.

Thank you, the Grafton Fat Finger cable hanger seemed to be the perfect companion to the Ibis Handjob.

Lastly David B is correct the coffee cup is a bell, novelty item I found at my LBS.

Thank you David B. I have always liked the look of Wound Up forks and this one came with the frame when I bought it. The Mr. Grumpy brakes were a little finicky to set up, compared to XTR's but they do have a certain amount of cool factor to them.

Sorry but most of the bikes are too new, or are not even cyclo-cross bikes (no, MTBs are not cross bikes), one looks like a tourer.

new season

I started this thread ages ago, but anyone planning any new build for this season?

Yesterday my 'same as Roger Hammond rode' Sirius 753 frame/531 fork turned up (courtesy of the very very nice man that is Barry aka Orbeas)
Sale thread & link to pics here :D:D:D

I haven't been this excited about a bike since I bought my Ibis Alibi in '97... :oops: :D

Thanks Barry!

Back