CINDERCONE FRAME 18" 1998

Ernie

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
A 1997 Cindercone frame 18" that has been resprayed last year by a local powdercoater in Plymouth. Originally was a aubergine colour, well used.

lovely chrome laquer finish, phot 1 shows some dusting/sprinkling on the top tube..i didnt notice it until i stripped the bike, when the 3 cables are running across you wont see/notice it

Decals are 1992 and supplied by Gil_m

Also intertested in mint/NOS/present XTR shifters/brakes/levers for SWAPS :D cash/paypal adjustments of course

if you require more photo please ask

I would like £130 gifted/ tracked

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• mark cindercone 007.jpg
    mark cindercone 007.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 2,219
  • mark cindercone 008.jpg
    mark cindercone 008.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 2,219
  • mark cindercone 011.jpg
    mark cindercone 011.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,219
It must be a 1998 frame. Would have been the colour of an aubergine when you got it - Kona called it 'egg plant' because they call aubergines egg plants in the USA.

Anthony":1a7q9qaw said:
It must be a 1998 frame. Would have been the colour of an aubergine when you got it - Kona called it 'egg plant' because they call aubergines egg plants in the USA.

"I bow my head to the master"..thanks Anthony i will correct my ad.

Ernie ;)

ernie":z7q8l7t3 said:
A 1997 Cindercone frame 18" that has been resprayed last year by a local powdercoater in Plymouth. Originally was a aubergine colour, well used.

lovely chrome laquer finish, phot 1 shows some dusting/sprinkling on the top tube..i didnt notice it until i stripped the bike, when the 3 cables are running across you wont see/notice it

Decals are 1992 and supplied by Gil_m

Also intertested in mint/NOS/present XTR cranks/front/rear mechs/shifters/brakes/cranks for SWAPS :D cash/paypal adjustments of course

if you require more photo please ask

I would like £130 gifted/ tracked

Ernie ;)

:D :D sunday bump :D :D ..also looking for swaps/trade XTR/NOS/PRESENT RANGE XTR..

Ernie ;)

Anthony":3s4w026d said:

If the catalogues are to be believed, the 98 model had only two cables on the top tube and one beneath the down tune. Whereas the 99 model had all three on the top tube. Now I know that it's not rare for manufacturers to 'mock up' their catalogue bike from the previous years models, but the 96 catalogue is bang on with its photo's for that years model frame.

I'm being slightly picky here because I'm mulling over the possibility of this frame. ;)

Nick C":3aehryw5 said:
Anthony":3aehryw5 said:

If the catalogues are to be believed, the 98 model had only two cables on the top tube and one beneath the down tune. Whereas the 99 model had all three on the top tube. Now I know that it's not rare for manufacturers to 'mock up' their catalogue bike from the previous years models, but the 96 catalogue is bang on with its photo's for that years model frame.

I'm being slightly picky here because I'm mulling over the possibility of this frame. ;)

Dont worry bud :cool: ..Anthony kindly corrected me going back a bit.. i would gladly correct an advert not so mis lead anybody..hope this/me makes sense ;)

Ernie ;)

Ha no problem, I was just thinking that if we can believe the catalogue, this is 99 rather than 98. Whut we need is an expert. ;)

i have just checked with the archive and was the "egg plant" colour...but i see what you mean with "cabling" query in the brochures ;) cheers anyway :)

Ernie

Back