Cannondale M1000 1993 - SOLD

MisterGrizzly

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all, have consulted retrobike for years but this is my first post so bear with me!

I have decided to sell my much loved 'Dale as I am 6'1 and the bike is simply too small for me, with the low front end hurting my back (saddle height is not a problem) when riding it recently. It's a waste of the bike just looking at it!

Ive got a day off so managed some pics now too!

Here's the spec:
Original/period:
Black/blue fade M1000 frame and pepperoni forks (17" to seat clamp)
Deore DX chainset, hubs (mavic rims), derailleurs, thumbies
Ritchey logic headset
Ritchey polished seatpost
Coda torpedo grips
Velociraptor k tyres

Upgrades:
Xt v brakes and levers - great condition
New Polished Thomson x4 120 zero deg stem (attached to quill convertor with carbon spacers
New Os controltech polished flat bar
New Hope polished seat collar
New selle italia flite vanox
New Tioga bar ends

Spares:
Coda seat qr, titec black flat bar, DX levers

Overall the bike is in excellent condition, with only a few imperfections on the beautiful paintwork (cable rub etc), no chainsuck, dents or issues

Rear tyre has slight wear, seatpost has marks from adjustment over the years, but apart from that this bike has been really well looked after and I have added the recent upgrades, spending a few hundred on it as such a great bike deserves top notch bits!

Anyway, I have to let it go, but won't be giving it away as it's a real collectors item and ready to ride and enjoy having just had a brake service with new cables and pads (then back started to hurt!).

Pics taken 'fresh' today. No rush to sell so the best offer and a good cherishing owner is what I'm looking for who'll smile every time they take her out! I still smile looking at her but that's just sad!

open to offers on other (larger) top class retro bikes (esp Spec fsr and 'Dales) but if its cash then £600 is the asking price. PM me if you're interested.

Just to add, I'm not a dealer, just an enthusiast whose bike is that bit too small! As you can see, I've looked after it!

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you

Regards and happy cycling!

Sold - to a hopefully very happy fellow enthusiast - £600

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 4,062
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 4,061
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 4,062
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 4,062
Not sure you can put "offers over...".
Think you have to put a definite price.

Also, pics would help generate more interest.

Just some helpful hints mate.

Thanks, I appreciate that, ideally I'd like £600 due to the condition, maintenance, cost, rarity and spend etc

'Dale is kept indoors so will take her outside in the next day or so after work to get some nice photos when possible, only decided to post tonight with a heavy heart and a sore lower back! Not a planned sale!

Thanks again mate

I found the catalogue for download a while ago (not on this pc though) think it was via vintagecannondale.com and it's the lighter high end race frame as on the m2000 but designed for xc without the raised bb as on the bote frame (they were m800 if I remember rightly)

Thanks for your post!

Hello,
Do you have pictures ?

The 92 M100 was black or "Champagne" ;)

Back