BoTM Mar 2011 'Born in The USA' - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoldenEraMTB":2todyupn said:
I reckon you'd be right ;)

Well here you go a photo of the finished article in all its Red White and Blueness.

Certainly not the prettiest bike but it does scream Born in the USA to me and thus had to be included in this special :cool:

The 97 Kona Hot in Stars and Bars.

Attachments

• 97_Kona_Hot_S&B.jpg
    97_Kona_Hot_S&B.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 672
Mantis XCR-EC

Might as well throw my XCR-EC to the wolves...

IMG_9329.jpg

IMG_9332.jpg

1997 Ibis Hakkalugi

John, this may require a ruling from you...If it's not okay to enter my cross bike here, please let me know, and I will humbly take it down...

Wow. There are some lovely, lovely bikes up here...many of which have a far more retro vibe than my 1997 Ibis. But, in the spirit of offering something a little bit different, I offer this Hakkalugi, handmade in Sebastopol, California.

I built it up as a go-anywhere, do-anything adventure bike. Accordingly, it's got an eclectic mix of parts.

In keeping with the "two-photo" rule for BoTM, the complete thread is elsewhere, in case you are curious:

Ibis thread.

cimg3506enh.jpg

cimg3544enh.jpg

andrewl":352yo6a9 said:
GoldenEraMTB":352yo6a9 said:
I reckon you'd be right ;)

Well here you go a photo of the finished article in all its Red White and Blueness.

Certainly not the prettiest bike but it does scream Born in the USA to me and thus had to be included in this special :cool:

The 97 Kona Hot in Stars and Bars.

Kool Kona :cool:

Regarding the hakkalugi, cross bikes should be allowed in the MTB contest, since they should be used off-road, make use of mtb parts, along with the elevated bottom bracket, as opposed to a road bike.

Thank you, GoldenEra, for the vote of confidence in my Hakkalugi. :)

And I agree, the stars 'n bars Kona Hot is pretty spiffy.

bushpig":1q6wxhtx said:
Cool bike! Needs a better seatpost though...

Yeah, thought you might like it. ;)

I agree with your comment about the pillar but i've decided to hold out for a NOS or mint black M900/M910 unit in 27.0. Anyone?...

Arran":1mr7gfaq said:
bushpig":1mr7gfaq said:
Cool bike! Needs a better seatpost though...

Yeah, thought you might like it. ;)

I agree with your comment about the pillar but i've decided to hold out for a NOS or mint black M900/M910 unit in 27.0. Anyone?...

I have a NOS Deore XT 27.0 and a NOS black Ringle Moby Deuce 27.0. PM if you want one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back