Beating the brown stuff

Mark_h4dng

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
Saturday after noon - removed seat post of Yoeddy, and shone torch down seat tube, desperately disappointed to see lots of Brown stuff and pool of water, tipped frame upside down but nothing came out, left frame over night to dry out.

Spend entire evening thinking it’s the beginning of the end, feel quite depressed, wonder how much I can sell all the bits for. Even looked through mags at new bikes I might afford with proceeds of sale.

Sunday, pool of water not any smaller, confused get a long length of steel rod, and push a thin strip of fabric down, after much stirring and poking pull out to reveal all shiny at the bottom, and down the sides, not rust but old grease and oil, breath big sigh of relief, and spend after noon thinking about new parts and embarrassed at loss of faith.

After all that my question is this, now I know its ok, what can I put down to protect it now its clean, Wax oil seems very thick, any suggestions please.

get the frame nicely clamped down & drill a small hole from the BB shell to allow water to escape from the seattube, the most common area of killer rust on yo eddys & FATs in general.

Back