The next big project - 1972 Dave Russell NOW ASSEMBLED

NickD":vvyloo74 said:
It's looking great, considering it was still just a frame at christmas, I am ashamed to have not finished any of mine off!

Well, I basically had all the stuff, it was just a question of doing it. The main part - as you are aware - was deciding on the headset and in the end I went for the Super Record/Tange alloy one as I knew it fitted. However, the fork crown race is an oddball one (but don't tell anyone ;)).

I now may be able to help you with your Campag headset search!

Nice bike, just one for the rBotM, I suppose.
I really like the Universal brakes, in such a mint condition.
Enjoy :D

Hi Ned, that's stunning! You have to enter rBotM with it!

I love old time trial bikes, they're full of purpose :cool:

dutchie":3bxcn4h4 said:
Nice bike, just one for the rBotM, I suppose.
I really like the Universal brakes, in such a mint condition.
Enjoy :D

Thanks for the latest comments guys.

The lever hoods are NOS (or possibly reproductions) from an Italian guy on e-bay - NOT cheap! I decided to get them 'cos the levers themselves were a good price and in very good condition (Manchester Velodrome Jumble) and the black adjuster hoods were on another pair I got from another jumble. The stirrups needed quite a bit of work to get up to standard and possibly look better in the photo than they are. Mind you, they are well over 40 years old and had a fair bit of use.

Bit like me I suppose....................................

Just need to sort out some proper wheels and I'll take another couple of photos.

Very nice. I would echo the request for some more detailed pics if you can spare the time.

Top build indeed, thanks for putting it up.

Old Ned":38a1x2wc said:
Well, I basically had all the stuff, it was just a question of doing it. The main part - as you are aware - was deciding on the headset and in the end I went for the Super Record/Tange alloy one as I knew it fitted. However, the fork crown race is an oddball one (but don't tell anyone ;)).

I now may be able to help you with your Campag headset search!

Sounds interesting, tell me more! As you know it's all I need to start my Carlton build going.

Now managed to get it all sorted, cables cut and capped, tubs on wheels, etc. I'm going to start a new thread with the full specs etc. to make it easier. See you there!

Back