1995 Zaskar

thanks guys! just got back from a solid 4hrs on the trails, went with mates who are all on modern hardtails..fast pace but the zas held her own :) its interesting going off discs and back to cantilevers, i really started to concentrate on line and flow and being smooth, because the canti brakes really dont slow you up much at all, certainly nothing like modern discs do. the zas has a really short wheelbase also, compared to my modern trek 8500. long top tube and wheelbase, with a steeper head angle, definately handles better. still, i really do enjoy trail riding with the zaskar...i have to think again about everything i am riding! ha.

Friday arvo update.

Changed stems, now have a old school Funktion stem on it, Kalloy bars. Paint stripped the Ritchey logos off the seatpost, less is more.

Elite Ciussi bidon cages. bit of mud and dirt from a ride on the trails this morning at gap creek, brisbane.

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

Very nice. I have to admit I do prefer a cleaner 'less logoed' look on older bikes, and your Zaskar is perfect. :)

Nice, Nice, Nice!
On your picture from Feb 25 I see that GT seatpostclamp, what size is that? I'm searching for an original GT clamp.
Which size do I have to search, 27/27.2?

hi irvin, 32mm clamp is what you need. there are some gt ones on ebay if you look around. i put a black salsa liplock 32mm clamp on it, its a bit nicer..

Back