1991 GT Xizang - Finished 13/03 pg3 - update pg4 15/01

Very, very nice bike :D I especially like the full Suntour build, a bit tired of Shimano at the moment myself.

Thanks for all the kind comments chaps, glad you like it.

This will be my ride for honcc :D

Radoslow - I agree with you about the md mechs, but I get off on a technicality, both md and normal groupsets were available in 92 and I am within the tooth limits for md so am ok! Also I am a bit of a short cage addict as well! ;)

Great looking bike, really lovely indeed. I just can't help it that GT/Manitou/SunTour setup doesn't feel right. At least in my mind GT should have Rock Shox and Shimano, probably because of the race team heritage...

beautiful frame, and lovely early decalset too...

Love the original spec, and the Mani's strangely suit it imho. :cool:

Took this out at the weekend - up over the cotswold hills/back roads to try and get a bit of training in for honc.

Awesome bike, descends and climbs really well (even though its knob head owner was to excited about riding it to check he'd adjusted the gears properly and couldn't get to the granny ring which almost killed me on a few of the hills), I think its going to be pretty much the perfect bike for round here.

Very happy :D

rimg2460.jpg

rimg2466.jpg

rimg2464.jpg

rimg2469.jpg

reckon a selle italia flite would look fantastic n this bike..take a little visual load off from the rolls.

understand though if rolls is the preferred comfort choice..they certainly have their devotees!

nice to see it out and about!

Yep, Xizangs are one of the nicest bikes to ride I ever own. They're maniacs on trails.

Latest posts

Back