And today I did......

More weenie savings today. Ti bolt for seat pin saves 6g and aerozine(very nice BTW) chainring bolts save 17g. The chainring bolts have a 5mm allen key fastening on the back and 4mm on the front to get away from those slipping bolts or peg spanners. Also got 3 unweighable!(though they are meant to be 1.6g) cable adjusters. Waiting for some scales which measure .00 of a gram so will drop them on those.

Thats mint Rob, whats the plans? Meant to be a great riding bike!

Why ?

Its just another trellis framed Marin, there are absolutely loads of those, very common. There was me thinking RobMac was a man of singular taste and yet he buys the Ford Mondeo of full suss bikes :roll:

Only kidding, there is good reason those trellis framed Marins were popular, they were bloody good ;)

kaiser":28bcz9rs said:
Hmm I don't think I should go there :oops: I spent and extra £120 on shifters for a 64g saving. And an extra £50 for a 25g saving with brakes.

Go there!

kaiserskrazykomponentko.jpg

Just ordered a £16 Bonty Jones XR 29x1.8 for the Haro's erse - looks like it'll be around 7p per gram saved, best yet!

kaiser":25gbkds9 said:
Thats mint Rob, whats the plans? Meant to be a great riding bike!

It could be my first real 'garage queen' it will be/is fitted with full XT
but I could do with some input regarding forks for it :roll:

zigzag":cglkisa7 said:
kaiser":cglkisa7 said:
Hmm I don't think I should go there :oops: I spent and extra £120 on shifters for a 64g saving. And an extra £50 for a 25g saving with brakes.

Go there!

kaiserskrazykomponentko.jpg

Just ordered a £16 Bonty Jones XR 29x1.8 for the Haro's erse - looks like it'll be around 7p per gram saved, best yet!

:shock: :LOL:

Back