NEED HELP WITH TVT CARBON LEMOND TEAM Z BIKE

I've got the stickers for the front too to sell.
It only miss on you bike.
I've got photos from ROBERT MILLAR in the 90's Tour de France and he haven't got the sticker , every riders from 90's Z team haven't got it.
Search photos and i send you.
This specific Z team color of your bike had been only created in 1990

So this bike is a 1990 model.

8-speed (cassettes) were not available in the Campag catalogues until 1991, although there were pro teams that were using 8-speed cassettes in 1990. What confuses the matter is that most people consider 8-speed to refer to the redesigned cassette mechanisms that slid onto the hub with an inbuilt freehub mechanism, but you could get 8-speed screw-on freewheels as early as 1989.

Anyway, a 7-speed groupset is completely correct for a 1990 build.

In answer to an earlier question, the rear derailleur should have "Campagnolo" written on the the outside of the parrallellogram, not a stamped shield.

Rear

You'll need one of these, I have this one new never used, I need the year afterwards (1991) before I will let this one go though :( Would not be cheap as well as this cost me a small fortune

Attachments

• Rear.JPG
    Rear.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 4,950
Sorry lemond fan , the derailleur you show is a C-Record model for 6-7 speed , the original for the bike is the 8 speed which is mounted correctly.
8 speed riders from 90's don't use campy cassette but regina or sachs freewheels.
90-91 is the time with the most important cycling évoultion (that's why i like this area) and many confusion can be made.
Campy "mixed" many groups parts in this years. Just for the Delta's brakes , they are produced in almost 10 versions (C record , Record , Croce d'aune , century , simple pivot , double pivot etc.....)
Easy to confuse .........
You only have to get Time Racing pédals , Scoot drop in bar , benotto tape and stickers and the bike is perfect.
Send you want send me details photos of your bike and i tell you what's wrong.
I send you photos soon of mine in original configuration.
(Happy to help you , i'm a fan)

I already have Scott Bars and Benotto tape so a bit confused with your comments there :? , only things wrong are the pedals and rear derailleur. I have the Scott stickers but wont apply them until I sell the bike.

Good luck in trying to obtain the White Time pedals they are impossible to find brand new NOS

Sorry lemond fan , i only talk about the rear derailleur for you , all the rest is for tvtcarbon.
I'm french and speak a little english from 20 years ago school's lecon (not so go good no ???).
Here is my old tvt from Ronan pensec which is on view on this site.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Attachments

• VELO TVT HM TEAM Z PENSEC 97.JPG
    VELO TVT HM TEAM Z PENSEC 97.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 6,298
Hello
I find a beautifull photo of Robert Millar with the TVT bike from 90's tour de france but without sticker on the front of is bike.
You can see the Ronan Pensec bike :cry: :cry: with the sticker.
http://www.cyclesportmag.com/wp-content ... 62-023.jpg
I've made a modification on the Ronan's bike , he haven't got the Scott drop in bar in original , but the bike looks better with no ??
;)

I have a set of the white time pedals. They are not new, but they are in pretty damn good condition. The paper sticker of Greg Lemond is still visible on the left pedal. PM me if interested in acquiring...

can i see a picture of the time pedals.....

Im not sure with this post I have the answers I need

!. is my bike an 89 or a 90
2. why do I not have a tvt92 sticker on top tube
3. what rear der do I buy if I have 7spd retro
4. if it is an 89 how does it have z colours(greg was on adr)
5. if its an 89 are drop ins orig

Just a note: Ive wanted one of these for 20 sum years and have raced that long, my dream bike as a kid. All I want is to make sure that the bike is how it should be.

Ive purchased brand new drop ins, and just found the stem in U.K (itm scott), I have time crit pedals from that yerar but they are wrong.

I have gotten a lot of help but not sure I can use it yet. I love this forum and think its great, I just want to be like a few of you with a rare very rare bike, however I will never sell. Thank you again to all!

Attachments

• bikelemond.jpeg
    bikelemond.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 6,250
  • bikelemond2.jpeg
    bikelemond2.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 6,249
Lemond's team in 1989 was ADR, frame was Bottechia (or TVT badged as Bottechia), with Mavic components.

1989 Campagnolo rear deraileur was the old fashioned type with the same basic shape as Nuovo/Super Record, not the modern dropped parallelogram type.

So...probably 1990, not 1989.

Lemond in 1990 Tour de France. Head tube has logo with "G L", some sort of badge with "USA" on middle of seat tube, sticker near top of seat tube says "TVT":

lemond1990.jpg

Rims are Campagnolo and I think the saddle is San Marco Regal, the one with the rivets on top.

Back