1992 Elite, Final update I think. Very pic HEAVY

ratcapa

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
OK so this is def well overdue as i've been floating around here for a while now so hello and here is my first retro installment, virtually the same as before but now mine, thanks Edd :D :D

As it was
elite1.jpg

Very nice but wanted to make it my own and fulfill some of those school boy's dreams as at the time this arrived on the seen I'd just bought a 1992 clockwork though one of my friends had an elite.

So i've been quite busy buying treats for her
DSC00211.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

then started assembling it

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

First ride with her new jewellery including XT Canti's to replace the LX ones
DSC00226.jpg

And here are a few pic's I took today

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

Hope you like it, got some silver ringle hubs in polished rims and some re-issue Porcs as a second set of wheels, not built up yet as I'm contemplating black spokes but not sure yet?

Thanks for all the help and parts i've sourced off retrobike ;)

Frame: 19" Aluminium Elite

Fork: STD

Headset: XT
Stem: Syncros Cattleprod 120mm
Handlebar: Pace RC130+
Grips: Yeti
Barends: none yet??

Brakes: XT with X-Lite Ti bolts
Brake Pads: XT
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Dia-compe SS-7

Shifters: XT thumbies
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: XT With SRP bolt
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: HyperGlide 12 - 28
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Middleburn RS HD
Crank Bolts: X-Lite
Chainrings: Middleburn
Chainring bolts: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: White Industries Ti
Pedals: XT Bear traps

Hub Skewers: X-Lite Ti Cam Locks
Rims: Mavic 231 CD
Hubs: XT 730/2
Nipples: N/A
Spokes: SS Double butted
Tyres: Tioga Mud Dawg
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder: X-Lite Cam Lock

Weight: 23.55lb

Cheers guys

Rides hard but very fast for old dear, never had Alu frame so its alot diff to what I'm used to. Though It's a comfier position since i fitted the shorter stem, all in I really like it and have decided as there seem to be so few that I'll leave the std forks on as apposed to some RC35's. I'll save that and some magura racelines for an Orange/White fade clockwork me thinks ;)

Nice orange! You have bought some very nice bits there.

Personally I would stick with silver spokes and Amber Walls - that'll look very nice with the silver rims.

Great job!

:D

Very nice indeed! Looks great :cool:.

First ride... Epping forest? I'm sure that concrete obolisk is round the back of the golf course at the top of the hill?

Cheers :).

I'm affraid It's not Epping Alex thats a bit far afield for me, however I'm sure there are alot similar vantage points. I't actuall just down the road from me at Hemlock Stone in Bramcote, not as epic or impressive but not a bad little run to have on yer doorstep.
Thanks for the comments :) :)

ratcapa":1lz194xi said:
I'm affraid It's not Epping Alex thats a bit far afield for me, however I'm sure there are alot similar vantage points. I't actuall just down the road from me at Hemlock Stone in Bramcote, not as epic or impressive but not a bad little run to have on yer doorstep.
Thanks for the comments :) :)

Ahhhh, them obolisks... blimin everywhere! Pah! :LOL:

Very small update

Found a few little bits recently for her as with new stable mates she was finding herself neglected somewhat..

X-Lite canti bolts fr+rr
XT bear traps
Ringle Ti Stix fr+rr

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

like the bear traps

i was thinking along the same lines - there's something about the lightness of them that fits the elite.

cheers :cool:

Back