Whinlatter Mountain Bike Challenge 20/03/2011

elPedro666":nd1vp5yl said:
Amazing work!

Kev, that's a great effort (was me that shouted 'do you need a link' as you were fixing the chain first time :LOL:) - bumped into your mate on the bouncy Marin and thought you'd had to give it up. Nearly flippin' caught me too!

Saw five people fixing snapped chains in the first half of the first lap, crazy :?

Not found the results yet...
Sorry wasnt ignoring you with my earlier post, just on the phone and posted the link to the PDF.

Ooops got confused, yes it was you that waved and shouted "see you when you catch me" Mark said he saw you at the feed station. I had the advantage on the second half of the lap after resting so much of the first half and powered up that last climb without too much effort. What time did you do? Mark said he suffered up there and was 20mins in front of me. I reckon I lost 40mins with the chain, but maybe thats utter bullsh!t!

Yes as I said I did give up, and not sure why I then un-gave up and finished - very odd.

Anyone got a map of the course? What did the 2-lappers miss out on the second lap? I only recall seeing one person going quick around me, and that was on the final descent - I would have expected to be passed by the leaders at a rate of knots but don't think anybody passed me at all from fixing the chain until the end (other than on the road in the headwind and then they were passed again) as I said just one guy followed me into the last descent (where you joined the normal north loop) and was 2-10 bike lengths behind all the way to the finish. Where did the second lap go?

Now need to look for my next event in a month or so - anybody else got something planned?

Really Jealous now, I knew I shouldn't have opened that link to the pictures. My RockLobster loves it up there ;)

Back