copy ringle skewers....?

kase1983

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hey all

bought some black ringle 'holly' skewers but they vary to the other ones i have and have seen,

there near enough the same but the back off the skewer is not machined out and the barrel is drilled instead off flush with the lever.

i think i remeber some copy's in the mid nintee's but not sure

any ideas? or what make they mite be?

cheers

:?:

skewers

Sure they're not the new X-lite ones? these look very similar to the old holey Ringle having had them side by side? There were also some Taiwanese copies in the late '90's

No your right Doug - there was a company back in 1991 that produced pretty much similar designs to ringle holeys - I think they were british and they used to sell a whole load of bolts in ano colours ( I remember the green was very intense colour as opposed to the traditional olive ringle green)

They had a large stand at Cyclex as I remember it well. Just cant remember the name.

jez-2-many-bikes":2roxpyrg said:
No your right Doug - there was a company back in 1991 that produced pretty much similar designs to ringle holeys - I think they were british and they used to sell a whole load of bolts in ano colours ( I remember the green was very intense colour as opposed to the traditional olive ringle green)

They had a large stand at Cyclex as I remember it well. Just cant remember the name.

Was it Zero ? Fred Salmon :LOL:

Pretty sure it was Lynx Racing Products, they used to supply stuff to Roberts Cycles and I remember seeing the skewers on a Roberts Genesis they'd kitted out back in the day......didn't Bici in Italy do some good Ringle-a-likes too?

I have a load of the green bolts kicking around here :D

Cheers
Stu

hAVE NO FEAR. . .. THE MACHINED OUT BACK IS FEATURED ON THE tI-STIX, AND THE 'PLAIN BACK' IS ON THE CAM-TWIST. If you look at the page on the bike pro guide, you can kinda make it out. Road skewers were slotted all the way, no holes, and certain colours such as Gold, were Ti only, no 'cam-twist' otion if you see what I mean.
Hope this helps, ;)

elite504":2unktnnk said:
hAVE NO FEAR. . .. THE MACHINED OUT BACK IS FEATURED ON THE tI-STIX, AND THE 'PLAIN BACK' IS ON THE CAM-TWIST. If you look at the page on the bike pro guide, you can kinda make it out. Road skewers were slotted all the way, no holes, and certain colours such as Gold, were Ti only, no 'cam-twist' otion if you see what I mean.
Hope this helps, ;)

Yes, those are the non-titanium version (cam-twist) and do thus have a plain back!

Back