Royce hubs.

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Any good? (I'm sure they are, but was hoping for experiences)

I am thinking of buying some for my Pace project, specifically 36 hole Titans.

I also wondered if they would take an old 8 speed cassette, presumably this is the same width as modern 9 speed?

Lastly, do they make the same sort of annoying noise that Hope hubs do? Through a Pace frame this becomes very annoying indeed on a long ride, so I would prefer them to be quiet, silent would be perfect!

Cheers.

i'm not sure on the noise thing but the quality is superb, phone them and ask
01425 620062 is their number, they aren't far from me, have turned up a couple of time for a few bits and they have sorted me out there and then.

good guys :D

I have a 29er wheelset built with Royce hubs currently used in my Singlespeed Curtlo. They are awesome and holding up very well to my Clydesdale frame (17 stone ready to ride). They are now 3 month old and get 2 hours a week excercise. Last monday I had a colleague over from Scotland and showed him the "Dutch Mountains" on them.

Oh and they are quiet, the SS Curtlo is closer to silent than any bike I've ever ridden. They are so quiet I had to fix the little creak in my Bracket...

p4pb6049245.jpg

Royce_001.jpg

Enjoy!!

Use the search? I've posted on these too:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=131693&highlight=royce

They are beautiful things, think highly polished campag on steroids. From memory they have an almost pewter lacquer to them. The noise is old campag, loud, clicky and rather nice.
However.....unless they've changed, the bearings were poor. I had to change them a couple of times in a short period of ownership. Nayfinesse on here has had to change the bearings about 4 times, despite minimal use. He's also had flange fail. Real, real shame :(

Thanks for the input guys. They are beautiful things, lets just hope the bearing quality is better than suggested. To be honest the Pace will be a bit of a pretty thing as opposed to a hard ridden work horse.

Well they sure are pretty!

Please note that my review is for the brand new 6-bolt disc hubs. They really are quiet, so very differen t from P20s loud set. And 3 months is too early to comment on the bearings, but since the hubs are serviceable you can fit any quality bearings you feel the need to.

Enjoy!!

Back