Haldon aftermath for 20/03/11

Alas, I got there late and missed you leaving the car park.

Did the red and blue loops on my own, didn't see anyone, went home :(

we didn't leave to ride till nearly 11, sorry to have missed you, bearing in mind how long our first loop took because of all the talking i'm surprised you didn't find us! :oops:

next time buddy :)

how did you kill them?

Bombing down St Andrew's Lane - the top part is very rooty and rutted - hit an off camber, left-hander, and went down quite heavily. The bars went around and there was a very loud 'crack' sound.

Dusted my self off and realised that the left side of the bars were lower than the right - the carbon had cracked around where the centre-bulge joins the stem. Luckily they have aluminium reinforcement in that area, so they were still in one piece - sort of.

I did the rest of the downhill (about a mile) one-handed :LOL: well, holding the left side very gingerly.

hope you got my old kona past the wife
should look good once built up
i now have space for another in the garage

kirbdug :D

Attachments

• just_have_to_sneek_it_past_the_wife_149.jpg
    just_have_to_sneek_it_past_the_wife_149.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 715
Well, I made it there - just without a bike. - Cheers for Jonnyboy666 (& someone else...can't remember who) for the offer of using their spare bike...
Could have knocked up a uni-cycle from maksters forks, a spare wheel & seat I suppose. ;)

Good to meet everyone, a few familiar faces too... Proper gutted I missed out on the ride - but I'll have a working bike next time round, maybe even two! :D

Pics look great though, the weather was awesome too. Looking forward to the next one.

What did you guys think of Haldon Forest then??

I was up there again today! This time checked out the whole of the red, blue and black trails, as well as some unmarked bits. It really is getting better up there - looking forward to the next ride...

djoptix":dkwwna8t said:
I was up there again today! This time checked out the whole of the red, blue and black trails, as well as some unmarked bits. It really is getting better up there - looking forward to the next ride...
I may ask to recruit you as a guide next month as I'd love to go back and explore some more!
I'm sure my friends and I would see you right in goodies from the coffee shop ;)

Back