Short arm off DX or XT rear mech

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Have you got a knackered rear mech (talking M650 / M735 era) with a cage thats in reasonable nick :?:

needing one for a project

send it to me .......................... please :)

I may have yes, depending on what you call the cage. I had a short cage rear XT mech on my '92 Explosif. I ripped it off the bike, but for some reason kept a couple of bits. If you have a photo of the broken bit, or the bit you want to replace I will dig around in the toolbox. You can have it for postage if it's the right part.

Tim

Just like these bits ➡️

Rder43.JPG

Please note picture for descriptive purposes only

yes I do have one of these, it looks a little like the lower one. I will try to dig it out of the toolbox when over at the in-law's tomorrow and send you a pic. I'm not sure what model the mech was, but as i said before it was from a '92 Kona, and was short cage XT.

Tim

jez-2-many-bikes":qnjjwy1q said:
Got a quite tatty but very functional xt dshort arm rear mech (it seems to work beautifully even tho it looks a dog)

Very low price is a big factor on this one Jez, was kinda hoping someone had a snapped mech so I could butcher it for the cage plates so I could make a short arm LX, hence robbing a functional XT one seems a sin.

what sort of price you asking anyways :?:

jez-2-many-bikes":1awvyw8p said:
Ah I was only looking for 15 quid but I guess your after something completely dead!

Yeah, I am really - cheers for the offer tho ;)

Back