Velo Trails - Aftermath (featuring the 'Exploding Explosif')

Probably a bit worn yes, but not enough to do that I thought.
But I may have put to much PSI in the front tyre I was using
a track pump that wasn't mines :roll:

Lucky it wan't on a fast bit, bang, innertube tangles round the brakes, whoosh, triple salko over the bar.

All accompanied by a loud soundtrack of ooooooyaaaabaaaasa!

We stopped for a 2nd break before entering the Penicuik Estate - this starts of wide, fast and gravelly, with a few tight 90 degree bends. Unfortunately, mikee was a bit pushed for time (appointment with his personal shopper I believe), so we skirted the big hoose in the Estate (Rob minds riding here during a race a few years ago, or was that Innerleithen?), avoiding the slower single track and sticking to the faster walking trails down by the River Esk shared with the dog walkers....

Then back through Penicuik onto another old railway line, and turning off down a slope with 40,000 wooden steps at awkward intervals. I was glad I had some bounce, of course the real men just rolled gracefully down.

DSCF1061.JPG

Then past some strange rocky stuff by the river, and on up a short steep bit of road before stopping again.

DSCF1060.JPG

DSCF1062.JPG

Some more decent singletrack as we neared Velo's gaff, including a steep fast leafy drop that claimed Velo with a front wheel washout. Last picture of the day - knackered...

DSCF1064.JPG

Great day gents!

it was an asdas pump and mine so its my fault the SWAT teams were
out on a quiet sunday morning

pain rob remember mr spencer and the garage door?

Oh aye, I forgot the formation dowsers on the Penicuik railway line (errr, the river's doon there ya loons).

And just to round off Rob's day, he also lost the bung from the top of his stem... the really hard to find angled one that took him donkeys years to find! :D Mikee did have some helpful suggestions for alternatives though!

Cannot improve on that write up. Need to improve my fitness though, I'm reet knackered. I'm going to do more research on the trails of the Penicuik estate, smaller area than our epic but lots of potential :D

Thanks guys for a great day, so whose next for a local trails special ;)

Back