East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

new bike

I have spent all weekend stripping and rebuilding the Marin and test rode it half an hour ago.
What a beaut I had forgotten how uncompromising that long top tube is but god how quick !! I absolutely love it
I will bring it along on Tuesday night.

Hey Ed, got the tag-a-long running today, brilliant for getting all the family riding (and moaning) and brilliant for training...it weighs a ton!

The blue route at the Pines is 5 miles and pretty good for little ones and grandparents...imagine the agony of passing all that sweet single track!

Tuesday Night Ride Information:

Assuming everyone is happy to meet at 7.00pm as usual can I suggest meeting at the Dog and Duck in Old Clipstone.

Pub address: Old Clipstone, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG21 9BT

We could have post ride drinks there too but ask Phil why that might not be too good an idea!

If anyone new (or old) fancies it but has no lights PM me and I can sort a good set out.

Hope to see you all there, it's riding sweet at the moment...a taste of summer trails... ;)

unocogero":2yo61e2r said:
Hey Ed, got the tag-a-long running today, brilliant for getting all the family riding (and moaning) and brilliant for training...it weighs a ton!

The blue route at the Pines is 5 miles and pretty good for little ones and grandparents...imagine the agony of passing all that sweet single track!

well it's only Tuesday before you can do it properly :LOL:

captaincosmic":2yo61e2r said:
I have spent all weekend stripping and rebuilding the Marin and test rode it half an hour ago.
What a beaut I had forgotten how uncompromising that long top tube is but god how quick !! I absolutely love it
I will bring it along on Tuesday night.

ace - look forward to seeing it.

Dog and Duck - that's the brightly-lit mood-music gay bar isn't it?

No Rob...I had my parents with me...on their Saracen hybrids! My Dad rides his like he is Mary Poppins but he gets a fair lick going and went for every bump he could find!

Back