simple pedal question

jax13

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
at the risk of sounding remedial - what is the difference between v8 & v12 pedals? they look pretty much identical so if i were to buy them from CRC (the probably the wellgo copies not DMR's), what am i going to gain / lose depending on my choice?

better sealing for the bearings, and the V12 copy has cartridge bearings apparently.

genuine V8 has greaseport, the V12 is better sealed still.

looks like better seals, easier maintainence, longer life.

i have both, and in future will stick to V8, easy to service and replace the bearings if necessary, cant see the point in paying the extra for V12 myself

DMR V8 RRP £27.99
DMR V12 RRP £49.99
Wellgo MG1 RRP £44.99

Although no one sells @ RRP anyway, the MG 1 is generally cheaper then the V12 & not a lot more than the V8

From the experiences I've had with V8's I'd not use them, had to send several pairs back under warranty due to bearing failures in under 4 months, the response from the distributor was, don't ride them in the wet and service them frequently!

Given up selling the V12's as the Wellgo MG1 is a cheaper, ~160g lighter & in our experience a longer lasting pedal

Rampage":3atuhyct said:
Arn't the V12 magnesium?

Nah, alloy as with the V8's. V12 Mag's are available though for more money, as are (or were) Ti axle kits....

I really must try out those Wellgo's someday when I return to flat pedals :)

Back