Alpinestars 1992 cro-mega (Blackstar) by Maverick

Alpinestars madness

Ok, I know its been a month, but sometimes you just got to take your time, plus I had a few silly little items to finish off.

I would like to post thanks to the following people that have helped create this bike from a simple pile of bits to what you see below, Sinnerman, Stubbsy, Gil_M & Mikee, these 4 (along with anyone else I have bought bits off) have helped create the bike and have been inspirational in its creation. Thank You. Oh, and Mrs Maverick for putting up with the dam bikes in the bedroom!

I think I will put a halt on bike builds for the minute and enjoy what I have got, no doubt something will come along that I like the look of and another ominously large box will arrive when I’m at work, and I will get the text message from the Mrs that simply says 'Another bike has arrived at home', that’s when I know that I have some explaining to do. But, forgiveness is easier to get than permission!

I wanted to do this one a little different as I was not keen on the style of the 1992 Alpinestars, I feel they kind of lost there way after starting so good.

Please feel free to comment on the build and the bike, but remember that I keep my builds under £300, so it wont be dripping with Pauls/Cooks/Campag or other high end stuff, its done on a budget to see what can be achieved.

Cheers.

Attachments

• C 205 (Large).jpg
    C 205 (Large).jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 1,708
  • C 212 (Large).jpg
    C 212 (Large).jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 1,707
  • C 213 (Large).jpg
    C 213 (Large).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,706
  • C 215 (Large).jpg
    C 215 (Large).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,707
now if your going to ride it properly
take it out and lean it against a tree and throw some rocks at it
best you put the first "blemishes" on it

top work fella a top build
next do something flouro

looks GTREAT mate

very mean and moody in the black

the decals from gil look smashing

brilliant build

stubbsy :D

Cheers guys.

The tyres are just 'Kenda Cross Country' tyres, a tenner from evilbay, i did fit a set of Amberwalls, but it didn't look right.

Gil_M has done me magic job on the stickers, i first had a set of coloured headbadge and seat tube badge stickers, but it looked naff, so he has magic'd me up a couple of Silver+Black ones that, in my opinion look the dogs danglies.

And as for V-brakes over Canti's, well it just seemed the right thing to do, as i have said before, i don't care much about being as it left the shop, if we still owned 20+ year old bikes that we had from new, they would have been upgraded a little here and there along the years, so lets embrace modernism in a retro style.

It will go out and feel some mud soon, few more days at work then some rest days, time to get muddy.

well

got to say mav, another grand job. Gil_Ms decals look good as always.

Couple of things i really like, and thats the very understated look, rarely seen on A-stars. and the cable choice i think is perfect...... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

like the upclose pics..........BUT dont be shy.....put the two bikes together, for a really good pic of the pair......i would like to see them both.

As for mrs maverick just tell her its therapy............lol......lol....and that the bikes have to go in the bedroom when not in use.... :roll:

A great build mate, and a credit to you, still astounds me sometimes how you complete the entire project with out going over budget......excellent mate.

Back