Orange P7 before and after

Danno

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hello Hello!

Newbie on the forum....

My GF's dad decided to help me dust off my old bike and get it roadworthy again. It had Fiber Flight Spokes, a few of which had broken and you cant get them for love nor money now! So i had to put on some DT Swiss Revs, which are actually no heavier than the carbon fibre!! Anyway its not finished yet as i have to service the RC35 MXC's as they've never been touched.

Luckily for the bike, its been snuggled up in the warm for 10 years or more. I first built it in 96... lots of nice retro bits on it from the era, all original fit by me back then!!! titanium bolts a plenty :D

Will probably get some SPD's put on it and try and learn how to ride again :LOL: I'll probably try and get some XTR's to match the rest of the groupset (so if anyone knows of some good nick second hand XTR SPDs let me know)

The eagle eyed amongst you might notice the very rare Campagnolo Record O.R. Chainset!!!. I'll post some better pics soon.

Bit gutted I couldn't get the same Mitchy Tyres as they made the bike look lighter..but hey ho the Panaracers will have to do.

PS I've yet to take her out on a proper muddy ride since the refurb. :oops:

BEFORE
IMGP1423.jpg

AFTER
Picture001.jpg

me likey (but then i would)

think there's some green rubber in the for sale section?

cheers
And

looking good, I'm glad all you did was clean and overhaul it, rather than wholesale replacement, nice bike, made better by being the way you had it back then. :D

Thank you all for your kind words.

What do you reckon i should do with the pedals..? Keep the Surefoots or replace with XTR SPD's (which i dont know how to ride in!)

Padinski - what you planning for your P7?

Back