Kaya's kildale kake run "the aftermath"

Back home after taking a scenic route back...I blame the SatNav ;)

Top day out on the bikes, good to catch up with some old faces and some new ones

Excellent organisation Vern & a great route too with a mix of everything on the route

Here's my GPS of the route, listed as 17.6 miles, but looking at the data it registered 1.5 miles at the cake stop, so more like 16 miles in total

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... hte4uaslbg

Just back to Edinburgh now. A good day it has to be said.

And a few lessons learnt.

I really need to start training more seriously and try to remember I'm 45 years old!

Vern's concept of a bimble is a cruel one, more up than down :D

Yorkshire mud is evil and capable of containing a dreadful stink.

I am capable of being stupid enough to go over the bars twice, in the space of 100 yards!!

Fix my sodding front mech.

Finally the NE and Yorks boys are a tough bunch of sods if all the rides are as uphill as that.

The few pics I took up at Captain Cooks Monument.

ABCD0009-2.jpg

ABCD0010-2.jpg

ABCD0011-1.jpg

ABCD0012-2.jpg

ABCD0020-2.jpg

ABCD0001-3.jpg

ABCD0002-3.jpg

ABCD0003-3.jpg

ABCD0004-3.jpg

ABCD0005-2.jpg

ABCD0006-2.jpg

ABCD0007-2.jpg

ABCD0008-2.jpg

Tazio":16uhippl said:
Just back to Edinburgh now. A good day it has to be said.

And a few lessons learnt.

I really need to start training more seriously and try to remember I'm 45 years old!

Vern's concept of a bimble is a cruel one, more up than down :D

Yorkshire mud is evil and capable of containing a dreadful stink.

I am capable of being stupid enough to go over the bars twice, in the space of 100 yards!!

Fix my sodding front mech.

Finally the NE and Yorks boys are a tough bunch of sods if all the rides are as uphill as that.

Ah I suspected as much. Given that 3 miles on flat tarmac effectively kills me, I think I would have not got very far today. You all look far too fit.

Just going to say thanks to everyone for a really great day, I'm really glad you all enjoyed it and a massive thanks to Vern for sorting this one out ;) ;)

Paul

Sorry I didn't get a chance to have a chat today Salty, you must have been avoiding the back of the pack :D

T'was a turbo-awesome day out!! Will definately go down in history as one of my fave ever rides - cheers Vern :D :D :D :D

mmmm...cake... :cool:

Back