Sussex (not so) Mini Meet Aftermath

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well, a truely fun day was had (hopefully) by all.

Extensive respect goes to those on rigid rides and even more to those with the patience for my, er... lack of direction or timekeeping skills.

Brief round up in quotes and memorable moments...

*Tintin getting lost AGAIN - and at the same point AGAIN! :roll:

*MadCowKev's Ready Brek arrow on his jacket when flashed by cameras. :cool:

*Tintin headbutting a tree - you can just see the effects in the pics... - buy a helmet Tony - please...:shock:

*John puncturing for England. :cry:

*Mad Kow Kev's Essex ring tone...(joke)...;)

*Outdoor shop I used to work for 3 years ago, lending Joe and KleinMadChris a waterproof jacket after they (like me) had seen the weather report and noted the words/ lies... 'dry', 'clear skies' and 'sunshine'. ;)

*The stoicism showed after it was evident the answer to "How far's the cafe" or "How far's the station" or How far's the next set of woods" that was always met with a positive - "Only ten mins"....was clearly misguided claptrap. - Need to get a better understanding of the big hand and the little hand and what they both represent on a clock/ watch face I think. :oops:

*Chris2Lou's quote of "I think we should all have a toss" - can't remember the context but it's have to be good not to be taken with some fear when out on the plains like that... :LOL:

*Me constantly muddling Anthony and Jonathan's names, even though one of them had it written on his downtube instead of 'Orange'...:roll:

The lack of pics indicates should indicate how wet and cold it was that I couldn't be ars*d to get the camera out after about an hour... :roll:

A good turn out and a great bunch of guys to ride with - Thanks to all of you for coming along.

:D

Attachments

• cafe.jpg
    cafe.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 2,231
  • cafe3.jpg
    cafe3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 2,228
  • puncture.jpg
    puncture.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,224
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,223
Great ride Gus - really enjoyed it. Good to catch up with some old friends and see some new faces too. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

My over-riding memory of the day is riding along and seeing an upside down bike sticking out of a bush. Anthony had stacked and was head down in said bush, pedals and shoes still engaged! :LOL:

Oh and here's a picture of my dirty BOLX!

Attachments

• 171107 (11) (Medium).JPG
    171107 (11) (Medium).JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,219
Great day out .

thanks all .

and apologies for my poor usage of the english language . :LOL: :LOL:

Nice one indeed, thanks to Gus for organising. Looking forward to riding those trails in the dry already :cool:

Sorry about the punctures :oops:

Would have been a great ride if John hadn't screwed it for all. All his fault it took so long :roll: ;)

Well guided Gus/Joe. Well, good-ish Gus, but we can overlook some of those directions and timings ;)
Great riding and local knowledge clearly essential. Though some of those hidden under leaf roots were a bit fierce :shock:

Kevs right. Upside down Anthony and bike really was a sight to behold!

Now i know way i always turn up :D :D
Started with 7 back in April then the next 9 now 12 :cool:

Big thanks for the loan of the very warm jacket JV :D

It was quite comfortable down there actually, and the Equipe doesn't weigh much, so if you'd just said you wanted to take a snap of it I could easily have held that pose for a few minutes for you.

Ho hum, brakes that don't work and pedals that won't disengage is a bit tricky. I blame the man who built the bloody thing, err, oh.

Very easy to get Jonathan and Anthony mixed up, both good looking perhaps the name on the frame was not enough name badges next time ?

Thanks for a great ride !

Back