Whinlatter Mountain Bike Challenge 20/03/2011

Took the ti-mega for a shake down around Grizedale today, a few little tweaks to do but apart from that i'm ready to go.

Shook down the Sintesi last night, new bars and stem are much better, maybe a little too wide rather than the Orange bars that were a little too narrow (580mm vs 640mm). Riser bars have sorted the position, also got the seat position correct too.

However I lost the rear brake, maybe it wasn't bled properly, maybe there's a fluid leak somewhere, maybe its that I have quite rescued and repaired the Hope brakes I found in my mates shed or maybe I just have no experience of disk brakes ..... I'll have a look tonight and see if I can sort it :)

Should still be on that rather than the Kona though :)

Still not shrugged off mine, and could feel it last night stopping me breathing and slowing me down.

Afraid my shakedown didn't go to well...

To cut a not-very-long-but-quite-dull story short ... I'll be on the Ibis! Which leaves me just a little bit nervous of the really quite new saddle, gulp! :shock:

Think we'll be setting off about five, hoping to be there close to seven to sign up & cook up - my biggest fear being the dreaded bonk! I just cleaned Holland & Barrett out of PowerBars & dried fruit, I think I'll have a tube of fig rolls zip-tied to the top tube & a bag of banana bits on the stem... :oops: :LOL:

KevD":39lmobpj said:

However I lost the rear brake, maybe it wasn't bled properly, maybe there's a fluid leak somewhere, maybe its that I have quite rescued and repaired the Hope brakes I found in my mates shed or maybe I just have no experience of disk brakes ..... I'll have a look tonight and see if I can sort it :)

Should still be on that rather than the Kona though :)

Blown the lever on the hope rear, just been out in the garage seeing what the score was, add fluid - watch it piss out of the lever :(

Have a mate with a Hayes Sole I can borrow at least.

Can I follow you Pedro, sounds like a right food haul you have there :)

Bad news about the mechanicals though, not what you both need.

I put in 15km at work yesterday for Comic Relief. Had two bikes from the gym set-up in a meeting room to see how far our office could cycle over the course of the day. Not too sure what the distance ended up being, however I can tell you that jeans were not a good choice! Haha.

I don't think I'll spot any of you there tomorrow, amist the 500-odd entrants. So best of luck to everyone and if you spot me, come over and say hello :)

I'll be on my Giant:

IMG_0027.jpg

elPedro666":htz3m2to said:
Afraid my shakedown didn't go to well...

To cut a not-very-long-but-quite-dull story short ... I'll be on the Ibis! Which leaves me just a little bit nervous of the really quite new saddle, gulp! :shock:

Think we'll be setting off about five, hoping to be there close to seven to sign up & cook up - my biggest fear being the dreaded bonk! I just cleaned Holland & Barrett out of PowerBars & dried fruit, I think I'll have a tube of fig rolls zip-tied to the top tube & a bag of banana bits on the stem... :oops: :LOL:

eat a packet of sunflower seeds on the drive up, they are slow release and a bag has a days worth of energy for normal activity, so a good safety net.

Have a good one, wish i had signed up for this now. Next year for sure I think.

HarryCrumb":m67lqj27 said:
Have a good one, wish i had signed up for this now. Next year for sure I think.
I'm bed bound with a heavy cold, doubt i'll be fit enough to take part. Fancy an entry Martin?

Back