1994 Kawasaki KMB 450

Re: Wow!

hydorah":r1kcg8ef said:
Pretty ahead of its time I suppose before Porsche BMW and Merc started marketing bikes as lifestyle accessories

I see Landrover are at it now but as far as I can tell theirs are rubbish

There have been a wide range of Land Rover bikes over the years, some have been very good and others not so good, I haven't seen the current range up close to make a call on them yet :?.
Land Rover bikes pre date Kawasaki's first try, I have a couple of Land Rover Moulton, APB's and a pair of Land Rover Pashley XCB's.
Whilst not being true mountain bikes they are/were quality bikes and British made.
I also have a genuine Land Rover Kona G4 Challenge bike from 2003, they got absolutely trashed apparently so Land Rover got some specially made to a much higher spec for the 2006 G4 Challenge.
The bikes for the cancelled 2009 G4 Challenge were also specially made to a higher spec than the ones they sold to the public.

Attachments

• 2006 G4 MTB.jpg
    2006 G4 MTB.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5,394
Interesting!

Didn't know that history

Going on direct observation alone I'm afarid!

I saw a Land Rover branded bike the other day, it was BAD

It was a bit like this (only the forks were even worse):

http://www.bikelandrover.co.uk/products ... nce-trail/

The Kwakker bikes looked pretty good we all had a good play with them in the shop BITD

BTW my first build on here was a British Eagle (All XT beautifully made) same name could be found on a £100 BSO from ASDA 10 years later

elPedro666":1a0nkg47 said:
Any progress on this? Interesting bike, but a pretty full-on project I'd guess :) Fingers crossed it hasn't lost too much metal out of the stays.

Yep,
I took it out of the garage the other day and now it's in the hall! I'd been too busy with other bikes and stuff- boxes all over- but I'm sensing that now it's time has come.

KMB is now almost presentable. I've fixed up the gears- not impressed with Gripshift, so I may fit thumbies soon- sorted the brakes, swapped the front wheel for an identical one out of my Marin and replaced some of the non- safety rusted bolts with some anodized purple jobbies salvaged from some motorbike engine cases.
I've ridden it to work each day this week and fingers crossed will be riding it on the Cake Run on Saturday. Watch this space!

All set for using. Note "wrinkled stockings" Lizard Skins fork protectors and temporary Selle Italia road bike saddle.
I've kept the slightly scary rust scars because I haven't decided yet whether to repaint it "Kawasaki racing green"- as here- or "metal dust black" http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... f4fc30ebc7 open to opinions...

Attachments

• Finished f.jpg
    Finished f.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,207
Kawasaki KMB450

i've had this bike since new and I really love it. Its surprisingly light. Mine came with thumb actuated shifters. Mine is in near mint condition and i ride it frequently. Mine didnt come with bottle holders but ive added one. I'll add a picture in a couple days (I' ll be fishing for the next 3 days)

Back