What is your best retro bargain ?

rutteger

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Dyna-Tech Fan
With retro kit going for more and more on e-bay genuine retro bargains are become few and far between.

So, what's your best retro bargain of all time?

For myself it was a number of NOS, built and boxed Tioga Disk Drive Pros at £50 a go. It was a few years back, sold mopst but kept one at least :D

Best Bargin.

Last week I picked up 2 brand new 1" purple Ringle` stems for AUS$20 the pair (which is about £7.50). One was taken out of the plastic bag for a photo, the other is still sealed. They both have the 3 spacers, top caps original newspaper packing from 1994!

I don't need them (got a red one last year for AUS$10), but at that price I couldn't let them go. Maybe I should consider them as a start on building another 2 retro bikes with 1" steerers!

Mine was a pair of Grafton Levers I got bought for £25.00 and a black 1" ahead rise Zooka for £7.00

But Im sure there were more great bargains - just cant remember!

I got my Zaskar LE frame for £70 posted on ebay . That is not bad . Nobody wanted it as it had wood decals all over it . The seller said that it would be impossible to remove them . it took me 20 minutes :p

£10 of halfords car spray paint and it looks like new and ride like a dream

PROFLEX 555 £10.50 and a pair of GIRVIN VECTOR II forks for £36.00
£46.50 for the lot
not bad for e bay !!

back in the day bargin

this one's more back in the day than ebay...

got a great deal on my Ringle Ti Stix skewers...whilst at a bike show called Cyclex in either 1991 or 92.

We went to buy some fresh new Ringle from this stand, and of course wanted purple , the guy said these were only in availible in ti , and were way out of our price range...after a bit of confusion and colour choice blue was picked...and off we strolled only later when we more looked closely at them did we notice that were actually ti stix!!!

Not long after MBUK ran an article in which blue became the new purple.

They've spent time on all my bikes but are most at home on my new FAT which was to me something of a bargin (remembering when they use to cost over 2k )

There's still some NOS retro bargains out there in these ma and pa shops.

cchris2lou":3sykqnub said:
I got my Zaskar LE frame for £70 posted on ebay . That is not bad . Nobody wanted it as it had wood decals all over it . The seller said that it would be impossible to remove them . it took me 20 minutes :p

£10 of halfords car spray paint and it looks like new and ride like a dream

I remember that I think. Was the auction fairly recently, like within the last year or so?

mine was a pre-answer manitou hardtail frame & original switchblade style forks including various other parts.

rutteger and scant know what i paid, but i would rather not make it public.

lets just say, i think it was a bargain and i'm well pleased.

oh yes, it was last weekend as well.

there are still bargains to be found, just not on ebay very often.

best to look elsewhere.

gaf16":15g95lsc said:
mine was a pre-answer manitou hardtail frame & original switchblade style forks including various other parts.

rutteger and scant know what i paid, but i would rather not make it public.

lets just say, i think it was a bargain and i'm well pleased.

If there is a word beyond bargain then it applies to your Manitou gaf16 :D

Still eagerly awaiting pictures. I take it all this kit your trying to get hold of is for the Manitou ?

Back