al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Well yall!

If my final Ritchey bike is sold as it seems to be, am i no longer a retrobiker.

Got my Surley ss as the shop run stead, But not a real retro hack.

Do i have to deregister from the forum until i become suitably endowed with another retrobike or can i just pretend i have one?
And hope no one notices.

Cheers,Al ex retrobiker. :?

Give him a couple of weeks... it'll be like what happens when someone's dog dies and they say they don't want another one....

You say retro is a state of mind, Well my minds always been a bloody state! so you may well be on to something.

Cheers,Al

Ret row

You need to buy my Orange CR16r afore U do summat stoopid, like buy a scoot with riser bars and them dics brake thingies, no turnin back then, the disease will just spread and we'll have to cut out the diseased bits with a rusty chain ring and suture u up with old gear cables.

Have I got cabin fever today or what? :shock:

Riser bars, Disc type braking things!!!

I havent completely lost it. :LOL: ;)

Cheers,Al

Discs

I hadn't twigged how much they slow a bike down, until last year I built up a realy nice Cove XC Handjob, best Kit, Avid Carbons WTB wheelset, really went to town. The Handjob is a really light 4 pound frame, so it built up into lightish nimble bike, but felt very slow compared to my old rim braked steeds, you rarely used the big ring, so adapted it to a 36/24 set up with bash ring, it was that slow. But yet I rarely drop into the middle ring on all but the steepest of climbs on my other bikes! An of course I put risers on. Even the gearing wasn't under on steep down hills, as you were so non aero dynamic! Armpits like parachutes! Its just simply the weight of the rotors on the wheels!

Back