1993 KHS Montana Comp/Team - Update 16th March - Today!

Thanks very much for the positive comments :D

Managed to get it up and running today with cables, chain etc :) .....

KHSBuild024.jpg

KHSBuild025.jpg

KHSBuild030.jpg

KHSBuild033.jpg

KHSBuild032.jpg

KHSBuild034.jpg

Stonking build. I love it. So have you taken it for a spin or just get it built up?

What do you reckon it weighs all in with that nice kit? 23lb?

coomber":vnxpo6b2 said:
Stonking build. I love it. So have you taken it for a spin or just get it built up?

What do you reckon it weighs all in with that nice kit? 23lb?

Just built up today. Not well enough to ride :( I'll try and take for a little pootle though sometime ;)

I think you're about right at 23lb ;) Which is good as KHS quoted 10.4kg (22.93lb) in the brochure above :)

Cheers

Very nice :)

I'll still keep an eye out for these 130 bars for ya

Weight wise, you may be right @ 23lbs

My (nearly catalogue spec) Pro hovers between 24.3 & 24.7lbs depending on build spec, catalogue lists it at 23.8lb (10.8kg), but I do have some boing up front adding weight

Andy B":pklzg98x said:
Very nice :)
I'll still keep an eye out for these 130 bars for ya
Weight wise, you may be right @ 23lbs
My (nearly catalogue spec) Pro hovers between 24.3 & 24.7lbs depending on build spec, catalogue lists it at 23.8lb (10.8kg), but I do have some boing up front adding weight

Thanks Andy :)

Had a play around with different tyres today :roll: I think I'd prefer something a bit 'bigger' than the Smoke for riding ;)

A few pics :LOL:

With red Ritcheys swapped off the Hei Hei .....

TyreExperiments001.jpg

TyreExperiments002.jpg

TyreExperiments003.jpg

With Yeti FRO Geo Claws .....

TyreExperiments008.jpg

TyreExperiments009.jpg

TyreExperiments005.jpg

TyreExperiments007.jpg

With the new Ritchey Evos .....

TyreExperiments014.jpg

TyreExperiments015.jpg

TyreExperiments017-1.jpg

Another tire option for you; this is my resprayed Pro, one of two I own (thanks to RockiMtn). I actually did the team paint on this one myself with rattle-cans. I don't know if these frames have a particularly steep head angle or if it's just the KHS fork but they always look like they've been in a front-end crash to me - v.quick handling!

Love your bike - the M900 kit is sublime - does the Comp share the OX II tubeset with the Pro/Team? It's funny they weigh the same - the only difference may be in the ride - the Pro/Team frame is perhaps stiffer?

montana3.jpg

Back