Orange Vit T updated

stevet1

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Thought I'd share a couple of pics from a ride last weekend.
Been tuning this bike for a couple of years now, the main attraction for retrobike to me is seeing a bike evolve (refine) as all the right parts come together slowly...
A long searched for 28.6mm m900 (well m901) front mech to match the rear, a set of x-lite levers in purple to keep some sort of a British theme going, a set of old gripshifts resurrected with a set of new covers and gore tex cables, fresh bearings in my old middleburn hub laced back on to the original mavic 117 rim and finding a matching 117 rim for the rear from the Jezshop, fitting some XTR pads to match the XTR canti's, all little things that probably aren't noticed but bring a sense of what the Germans call gestalt.
And yes I'm afraid the riser bars are there to stay, I like 'em.

yqorut.jpg

yqoruo.jpg

yqoruq.jpg

yqoruv.jpg

Nice bike, I admit I am not a fan of flatties and risers but what the hey! You ride it, much better than it being a garage queen! :LOL:

I love the Vit T, and the build you have there is tasteful and suits the frame really well!

Very nice indeed and loving the photos with the purple of the heather reflected in the purple parts, stealthy and classy.

Incidentally, what seatpost have you got in there?

Stick Legs - Yep good flat pedals and riser bars are my concessions to rideability, I have a couple of flat bars I keep trying my best to like but they just don't have the width or the sweep to feel right. As for the flat pedals I fell out with spds in the nineties and never looked back.

ededwards - its a Syncros Ti, I have a purple USE post which probably suits it better but to be honest they make me nervy as I broke a couple of the top clamps BITD.

Think the purple U.S.E would be too much. Just got the right balance imho. Looks great. Chris.

I agree about the USE. I'm not a big purple fan but you've got the balance about right - it looks good.

Top bike Steve. Great pics aswell. Good to see some gripshift on these pages too.

Totally with you on the evolution thing aswell. I think that the main attraction to me of 'retro-biking' is that I can change my bike whenever I want relatively cheaply. Over the past 12 months, my Zaskar has had full M900, a mix of Suntour and Dura Ace, XT cranks, Middleburns, RC30s, RC36s, Thumbies, Rapidfire, Gripshift, all sorts of stuff. Because it's cheap now and I can sell stuff for pretty much what I paid for it, I can experiment with lots of different gear on the bike that I just couldn't afford to do when I was younger.

When I find a part that I really like using, it stays on the bike but the rest continues to evolve. I think that it is nearly there now, just a couple of parts to fine tune. Not sure what I'm going to do when its finished though... Start something else :roll:

Back